The U.S. Lighthouse Service constructed and maintained all federal aids to navigation until it merged with the U. S. Coast Guard in 1939.
The structure at Point Vicente was constructed in 1926.
The current structure was completed and the light first lit in 1926. The Keeper, Assistant Keeper and their families did not live in this structure. Housing was constructed nearby. The cottages are still standing.
The Third Order Fresnel lens which was manufactured in France