141. A project manager is in need of a solution to a problem. He decides that the best thing will be to arrange a meeting to solve the problem rather than solve the problem himself or by having one of the project team members solve it individually. Generally, this will result in:
a. The group taking more time than one individual
b. The solution to the problem being less accurate
c. The group taking less time than one individual
d. In depends on the specific problem
142. A project manager will manage a large complicated project that is located in a remote part of Africa. The project will last for five years and will have the product of producing a nuclear reactor that will generate 900 megawatts of power at start-up. The best kind of organization for managing this project is:
a. Strong matrix management
b. Weak matrix management
c. Projectized organization
d. Functional organization
143. Project human resources management is divided into which of the following?
a. Organization planning, staff acquisition, and team development
b. Leadership, team building, and negotiation
c. Recruitment, labor relations, and personnel administration
d. Team building, communication, and labor relations
144. A project manager wants to do as much as she can to help in developing her project team. A key barrier to project team development is which of the following?
a. Strong matrix management structure
b. Major problems that delay the project completion date or budget targets
c. Team members who are accountable to both functional and project managers
d. Formal training plans that cannot be implemented
145. Which of the following media can a communicator use to present information?
b. Audio and visual
d. Visual, audio, and tactile
146. The three principal interests in maintaining good document control are:
a. Timely communication, collection of performance appraisal data, and assuring proper disposal of sensitive documents
b. Timely communication, maintain proper approvals, and communication cost control
c. Effective communication, ability to reconstruct why decisions were made, and historical value
d. Security, change management, and procedural documentation
147. A project manager wants to handle communications well in his project. In order to do this he has chosen to write a communication plan. Of the items listed below, which one is not part of the communication plan?
a. Collection and filling structure
b. Distribution plan
c. Method for accessing information
d. Project organization structure
148. Which of the following are filters that the receiver uses to filter messages?
a. Language and knowledge
c. Culture and distance
d. Language, distance, culture, and knowledge
149. A project manager has many different ways of communicating. Which of the following is a good communication tools for the project manager to use?
a. Sending a videotape of the project progress to the client
b. Inputting a task into the project manager’s personal computer
c. Writing notes on a handheld computer
d. Putting the project budget into a spreadsheet
150. The use of brainstorming as a communication technique encourages which of the following?
a. Team building and convergent thinking
b. Divergent thinking
c. Analytical results
d. Use of the scientific method
151. Which of the following techniques allows for the participants to be anonymous?
b. Nominal group
c. Delphi technique
d. Crawford slip
152. Which of the following is not a standard type of communication?
153. During a project meeting a disagreement between two members of the project team began. The disagreement was over a technical detail of the project. The project manager was in attendance in the meeting. It is important that the conflicting opinion of the two team members be resolved as quickly as possible. It is even more important that the
difference of opinion be resolve correctly. What should the project manager do?
a. The project manager should make the decision right away to save time and not let the two disagreeing parties stay in disagreement very long
b. End the meeting and give everyone a few days to cool off
c. Assign someone to find out more factual information about the problem
d. The project manager should suggest a compromise between the two disagreeing team members
154. In the communication model, communications between the sender and the receiver often are affected by communications barriers. These include all of the following except:
a. Cultural differences
b. Differences in motivation
c. Educational differences
d. Lack of a communications device
155. A project manager has one member of the project team working on a critical problem. The person working on the problem verbally communicates to the manager that this correction to the problem will probably cost $1,000. Which form of communication should the project manager use to respond to the team member?
c. Form letter
156. Who is responsible for communications for the project team?
a. The human resources representative
b. The representative from the management information systems department
c. The project manager
d. The communications department
157. Statements such as “It’s never been done before: or “It will cost a fortune” are examples of:
b. Communication blockers
c. Conflict generators
158. The project manager has a very complex communication to prepare for the program manager. In order to ensure that the communication will be understood as completely as possible, what method of communication should be used?
d. Oral, written, and nonverbal
159. There are many ways to organize projects. The persons involved with these projects have several titles that describe their management responsibilities. Which of the following titles describes a person who has a primary responsibility for communications?
a. Project manager
b. Project manager in a strong matrix environment
c. Project manager in a weak matrix environment
d. Project expediter
160. A project manager is responsible for performance reporting. Which of the following is not one of the tools and techniques that the project manager can use for performance reporting?
a. Variance analysis
b. Earned value reports
c. Performance reviews
d. Past project review
Have these advice helped you in preparing for your PMP test? We would like some feedback or testimonial from you. Please kindly email us with your comments. Thank you very much! To head back to the main page, click here.
The group taking more time than one individual
Organization planning, staff acquisition, and team development
Team members who are accountable to both functional and project managers
Visual, audio, and tactile
Effective communication, ability to reconstruct why decisions were made, and historical value
Project organization structure
Language, distance, culture, and knowledge
Sending a videotape of the project progress to the client
Team building and convergent thinking
Assign someone to find out more factual information about the problem
Lack of a communications device
The project manager
Oral, written, and nonverbal
Past project review