Exhibition Call for Entries
Annual Exhibition 2018
The Annual Exhibition will take place at the Column Bakehouse Café, Ocean Studios, Royal William Yard from Tuesday 4th September to Sunday 16th September
The times for each day are
Tues - Weds: 10am – 4:00 pm
Thurs - Sat: 10am – 7:00pm
Sun 10:00am – 4:00 pm
There is parking in the Royal William Yard (get ticket first). Buses 34 and 34A travel to Royal William Yard.
Monday 3rd September
Handing-in will take place from 11:00am - 13:00 at the exhibition venue.
Monday 3rd September
This will be held between 6 pm and 8 pm in the evening of the hand-in day. Please come along and enjoy the exhibition, all friends and relatives also welcome.
Closing of Exhibition
Monday 17th September
The exhibition will close at, and the collection of sold and unsold work will take place from 9:30 am - 12 noon on Monday 17th September.
Sales of work
Sales made during the exhibition will be dealt with by the Café staff, for which the venue will take 40% commission on any sales. Sold pictures will be removed at the time of purchase to be replaced by the artist selling.
No stewarding required.
Promoting the exhibition
The Club is keen to promote this event and a poster to display in your car and also invites for the private Members view will be sent to you by email two weeks before the exhibition.
Plymouth Arts Club Exhibition Rules
1. A fully paid-up member may exhibit up to 4 works for hanging with no limit for browsers, and all work submitted must be for sale.
Please note: there is no stewarding so browsers are exhibited at artists own risk.
2. A submission fee of £1.50 per picture (including browsers) is payable at the time of submission.
3. A commission of 40% will be charged on all sales (this goes to the exhibition venue for handling fees).
4. All work for hanging must be well framed (box frame canvases acceptable) with screw eyes approximately one third of the way down the back of the frame and with taut string.
Please be aware that any pictures presented that do not comply with these basic requirements will be refused.
5. Hung Work: Each picture submitted must be entered on the submission form and each picture must have an adhesive label on the back of the picture giving artists name, title of work, and medium, and a paper/card label attached with string with the same details plus price.
These works should not exceed 250cm all round the outer dimensions.
6. Works for browser: These unframed works should not exceed 50cm x 40cm. They are to be mounted, covered in film, labelled and priced on the front and labelled on the back giving artists name, title of work, and medium using gummed labels.
7. All hung pictures should remain in place for the duration of the exhibition but may be removed in the event of a sale.
8. Whilst every care of work submitted will be taken, the Plymouth Arts Clubs cannot accept responsibility for loss of, or damage to, pictures. Members who wish to insure their works against such risks must make their own private arrangements.
9. For information, Sean James at the Artframe Solution Gallery offers a 10% discount on framing, and Rachel Haspray of Homeframe also offers 10% discount to our club members.