I_n_n_o_v_a_t_i_o_n is our goal
In front of the NCTU Library (June 2016)
Why come to Hsinchu?
- Eight universities, hundreds of companies, and a university hospital form an academic cluster for cutting-edge research, technology transfer, and first-class graduate education and postdoctoral research opportunities, especially in the areas of chemistry, bioscience, and electronics.
- In many cases, the living costs in Hsinchu are relatively low (e.g. compared with studying in the capital city area or abroad). Many students and postdocs live in the walking distance from their departments.
- Being an academic city, Hsinchu gives you an opportunity to interact with top science scholars: advisors of your graduate project, academic collaborators, and course teachers.
- Relatively few distractions let the students and scholars focus on research and literature studies.
- Hsinchu is a historic city with several tourist attractions. In fact, our university campus is one of such attractions: it has many green zones, sports facilities, and places to meet friends. Mountain park is located in the proximity of the university campuses. Hsinchu downtown is known for its shopping area; malls, department stores, as well as small shops.
- The university campus has many food outlets with superb but affordable Taiwanese and international cuisine.
- The city is well communicated with the other parts of Taiwan by bus and railroad networks. Several bus stops are in the walking distance from the university campus.
Who are we looking for?
Our goal is to educate a new generation of chemists by giving them an opportunity to gain practical experience in biochemical analysis. The forthcoming research topics extend over the areas of microfluidics, mass spectrometry, separation science, biochemistry, electronics, and robotics. Most projects are interdisciplinary. Some of them are highly challenging and their outcomes cannot easily be predicted. We welcome applications from candidates who enjoy doing scientific experiments. The desired personal qualities include: ability to solve scientific problems, commitment to high-quality work, patience, reliability, honesty, positive attitude, self-discipline and ethics.
What positions are available?
We encourage motivated PhD applicants to contact the team leader at any time. Postdoctoral research opportunities also appear from time to time. Please describe in the cover letter how your educational background matches the research program of our laboratory, and how you could contribute to this research. In order to expedite evaluation of your portfolio, be as specific as possible.
"You can only understand something by trying it yourself." (Xun Zi)