The course is directed to graduate students who specialize or are interested in analytical, pharmaceutical, or clinical chemistry, as well as biochemistry, biotechnology, systems biology, and related areas.
It will provide a comprehensive overview of mass spectrometry technology, methodology, and applications.
2. Vacuum system
3. Sample interface and ion source
4. Mass analyzer
5. Ion detector
6. * Mid-term exam
7. Identification of molecules
8. Quantitative analysis
9. Hyphenation with other separation techniques
10. * Students’ presentations
11. Selected applications
12. * Final exam
* Final mark will be based on the results of the mid-term exam (30%), presentation (30%), and the result of the final exam (40%). Additional points (up to 15%) can be gained for active participation in the class.
Students who have completed the Analytical Chemistry course are encouraged to participate.
Handouts will be provided for selected topics.
Useful links: (This section will be expanded.)