Analytical Chemistry, II (分析化學二)
This course covers the main instrumental analysis techniques used by chemists in the 21st century.
Contents (by topic):
2. Electronic components and circuits
3. Signal processing
4. Atomic absorption spectroscopy
5. Atomic emission spectroscopy
6. * Mid-term exam I
7. Molecular absorption spectroscopy
8. Molecular emission spectroscopy
9. Infrared spectroscopy
10. Atomic mass spectrometry
11. Molecular mass spectrometry
12. * Mid-term exam II
13. Gas chromatography
14. Liquid chromatography
16. Radiochemical methods
17. Automated methods of analysis
18. * Final exam
* The final score will be based on the scores obtained from quizzes (20%), mid-term exams (40%), and final exam (40%).
Students who have completed Analytical Chemistry I can attend this course.
Handouts will be provided for selected topics.
Main textbook: D.A. Skoog, F.J. Holler, S.R. Crouch, Principles of Instrumental Analysis, 7th Edition, 2017, Cengage.
Other references will be cited in the handouts and/or slides displayed on the screen.
Teacher's office hour:
Time: Friday, 14:00-15:00.
Place: Chemistry Building, room 316
Useful links: (This section will be expanded.)
Handouts (for the participants of this course only):
The handouts and other course materials are currently available in the NTHU iLMS website. You have to log in.