The course is directed to graduate students who specialize or are interested in analytical, pharmaceutical, or clinical chemistry, as well as biochemistry, biotechnology, systems biology, and related areas. The main focus is on detection, analysis and characterization of biomolecules in cells and biofluids using instrumental approaches.
2. Paper and thin-layer chromatography
3. Liquid chromatography
4. Gas chromatography
6. * Mid-term exam
7. Mass spectrometry
9. Prototyping analytical instrumentation
10. * Students’ presentations
11. Applications of biochemical analysis methods
12. * Final exam
* Final mark will be based on the results of the mid-term exam (30%), presentation (30%), and the result of the final exam (40%). Additional points (up to 15%) can be gained for active participation in the class.
Students who have completed the Analytical Chemistry course are encouraged to participate. It is NOT required to take Biochemical Analysis I prior to Biochemical Analysis II.
Handouts will be provided for selected topics.
Useful links: (This section will be expanded.)