Adapted from Sweet Pea's Kitchen
Makes 16 brownies
Nonstick baking spray
For the brownie batter:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 oz dark chocolate
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp red gel food coloring
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
For the cheesecake:
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with a foil sling (foil draped over the pan in both directions) and grease the foil with nonstick baking spray.
2. In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and dark chocolate
together in microwave, heating in 30-second increments and stirring well
after each. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla, and food coloring. Add chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Add flour and salt and stir until just combined.
4. Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
5. Beat cheesecake ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth. Place the cheesecake mixture in 8 dollops on top of the brownie batter, and swirl gently with a butter knife.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the
brownies comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before lifting the
foil out of the pan to cut the brownies. Enjoy!
Printed from Playing House