Raise money for PLAY Conservatory and reduce the cost of your tuition, by “unplugging” yourself from electronic technology for an entire weekend. This challenge takes the premise of "Screen Free Week" (formerly TV Turnoff), also called "Digital Detox Week," and turns it into an intensive marathon fundraiser for your favorite youth Theatre troupe!
Friday April 25
until Sunday April 26
Scroll down and download the PDF file -- information and pledge form.
HOW IT WORKS:
- You, the student, collect pledges from benefactors based on amount of money per unit of time. See pledge form.
- The more time you stay unplugged, the more money you make. You get credit for the most number of consecutive unplugged hours you maintain during the weekend. This is an honor system; you record your own hours truthfully.
- After the successful weekend of unpluggedness, you collect cash or checks from your benefactors, and turn the funds in to PLAY Conservatory. We will email them an acknowledgement of donation.
- The money you raise can be applied to your tuition for PLAY Conservatory projects. Tuition credit will be valid for one calendar year.
- During that weekend, you restrict yourself from using certain items.
Items that you MAY NOT use:
CD, MP3, or tape players
personal electronic devices
portable music devices
TV, VCR, DVR
(basically, anything with a screen or headphones)
On the other hand, items that you MAY use:
Balls, bats, mitts
Pen or pencil
Telephone (land lines only)
...and many, many others.