Piyada Juntawong lab
April, 2021: Congrats to "Ice" with her publication " Genome-Wide Association Study of Local Thai Indica Rice Seedlings Exposed to Excessive Iron" https://doi.org/10.3390/plants10040798
August, 2020: New paper "Overexpression of Jatropha curcas ERFVII2 Transcription Factor Confers Low Oxygen Tolerance in Transgenic Arabidopsis by Modulating Expression of Metabolic Enzymes and Multiple Stress-Responsive Genes" https://doi.org/10.3390/plants9091068
September, 2019 - January, 2020: Ice visited Dr. Hanada lab at Kyushu Institute of Technology to perform GWAS analysis for iron toxicity tolerant traits in rice.
August, 2019: Our paper on the molecular characterization of mechanisms controlling waterlogging tolerance in legume is now online: https://doi.org/10.3390/plants8080264
April, 2019: Piyada was awarded a Thailand Research Fund (TRF) Mid-career researcher development grant (2019-2021).
March, 2019: Our recent review paper published in Frontiers in Plant Science: https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2019.00340
March, 2019: Congratulations to May, Nudang and KwanKao for winning the undergrad research grants from Faculty of Science, Kasetsart University.
Our lab studies crop responses to abiotic stresses (i.e. drought, extreme temperature, salinity, submergence, metal toxicity and nutrient deprivation) with the aim of developing new cultivars that can withstand global climate changes. Our lab also focuses on decipher gene-regulation mechanisms that involve in adaptation of plant to abiotic stresses.
1. Molecular characterization of waterlogging tolerant mechanisms in legume.
2. Functional characterization of multiple abiotic stress responsive transcription factors from mungbean toward the development of weatherproof cultivars.
3. Genome-wide association study to identify genetic factors controlling the tolerance to high iron in Thai rice cultivars.
4. Development of hairy root expression system for plant-based heterologous protein production.
5. Post-transcriptional gene regulation in rice
- Functional genomics
- Molecular genetics
Legume genotypes with contrasting waterlogging response phenotypes
Rice varieties with different high iron tolerant phenotypes