I am an Associate Professor in the School of Economics and a Research Associate of SALDRU at the University of Cape Town (South Africa). I also have a research collaboration with the University of Bari (Italy), on the project "Inequality of Opportunity and Social Mobility."
My main research interests are in the fields of labour economics, applied microeconometrics and development economics.
- “The Intergenerational Transmission of Employers” (with M. Corak). 2011. Journal of Labor Economics.
- “The Intergenerational Transmission of Wealth and the Dynamics of Inequality in Small-Scale Societies” (with M. Borgerhoff-Mulder, et al.). 2009. Science
- “Intergenerational earnings mobility and equality of opportunity in South Africa.” 2015. World Development.
- “The Inheritance of Educational Inequality: International Comparisons and Fifty-Year Trends,” (with T.Hertz et al.), 2008. The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy: (Advances).
- “Immigrant Earnings Growth: Selection Bias or Real Progress” (with G. Picot). 2013. Canadian Journal of Economics.