Rehabilitation, Placement & Education for 24 years
Welcome to Pipe Dreams Aviary based in Albany, Oregon. We provide rehabilitation, placement and education for birds such as pigeons and doves, reptiles such as tortoises, lizards and snakes and insects such as tarantulas and roaches. We have been providing this service for 24 years out of our home. Some of the over 200 animals that come into our rescue yearly require an average of $159 in vet costs. In the case of an Umbrella Cockatoo, it was $1,300.
We provide free classes on the care, environmental setup or training of several dozen different animal species. We handmake ALL of our animals diets and instruct people on how to do the same with no products used from pet stores.
We also provide roughly 100 free educational presentations yearly, using some of our animals, at schools and other venues.
We work with several police departments, wildlife facilities, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, United States Fish and Wildlife and the United States Department of Agriculture.
We work very closely with all rescues in Oregon & Washington that have the same goal as us: to educate.
Rescue is not a "service" by All Parrot Rescue/A.P.R, Wa.
Rescue is not a "service". We are not obligated to do it. We are volunteers, not paid employees. You are not doing us a "favor" by adopting one of the animals we rescued and rehabilitated, we are entrusting you to take care of that animal that we have cared for and loved. Please don't make demands, we take time away from our families, our animals, our paid
jobs, our lives, ALL THE TIME, to do what
we are so passionate about. Our families complain. Sometimes our responsibilities are not prioritized. Please be patient. We wish we could respond to you faster. Rescue is not only about passion, but time and money. How do you think the animals get to the vet? To adoption events? Who do you think feeds them, buys their food, toys, harness/leashes and bathes them, cleans them & their areas, trains them and shows them affection? How do you think we pay for vet care? Please don't balk at a measly adoption donation when we put our ALL into these animals, making sure they are healthy, and doing our best to find them a forever home, such as yours. Don't try to guilt us into doing more. We are NOT responsible for everyone else's messes. We already do more than we can or should, trust me. After all, we are human, just like you, trying to do the best we can, with lives and bills and problems just like everyone else. Work with us. Help us when you can. Crosspost, volunteer, foster, donate .
Available for adoption, policies & special announcements
Doves and pigeons:
Other rescues' adoption lists & special announcements
1 adult male "Tangerine" Cornsnake $30
* 2 juvenile male Cornsnakes $40 each...
* 1 adult male 5 ft. Het-Albino Columbian Redtail Boa $40
* 4 normal Ball Pythons (sizes range from smaller to large). Price varies. Please inquire.
* 1 adult male Bearded Dragon $35
* 1 adult male “special needs” Bearded Dragon $30 (adoption pending)
* 1 adult female Bearded Dragon $30 (adoption pending)
* 1 juvenile female Crested Gecko $40
* 2 adult female Leopard Gecko’s $20 each
* 1 male Russian Tortoise $60
* 2 Sideneck Turtles (1 male and 1 female). They must leave as a pair! We will not rehome them separately. $80
* 1 small juvenile Green Iguana. $45
* 1 larger juvenile male Green Iguana. He is not used to being handled and comes off as aggressive (he whips his tail if you try to touch him. He has not tried to bite, just whips). He needs to go to someone with handling experience. He will need a lot of hands-on time to tame down, but seems fairly sweet once calm. $40
* 1 adult male Chinese Water Dragon $40. For the full set-up (40 gallon tank, substrate, housing decorations, water bowl, and proper lighting) $100
View our adoptables at http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelterid=OR275 or contact us a (971)208-5758
Our adoption fees are $55 for a single and $100 for a bonded pair, this includes their spay/neuter, vet exam, starter food, hay, litter, litter boxes, thorough education and continuing support.