- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dry minced onions
- 1 Tablespoon dried dill
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup -1/2 cup hot sauce, to your preferred level of spice
(you can always add more at the end)
- 1-2 Tablespoons water
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- 6 sandwich buns
- Place the chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle with spices, and pour hot sauce and water over the top.
adding the hot sauce, add as much or as little as you prefer. Since I'm
feeding a toddler I usually add closer to 1/4 cup and a little more
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. (This would be a great time to make your own ranch dressing, if you want.)
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot to a plate or cutting board.
Add the butter and cream cheese (cut into 4 or 5 pieces) to the sauce in
the crock and whisk until dissolved. Don't worry if there are still
small pieces of cream cheese in the sauce - they will finish dissolving
when you stir in the chicken.
- Shred the chicken using two forks. Return to the crock pot and stir to coat.
- Serve on sandwich buns, with some ranch dressing and extra hot sauce, if desired.