About Us‎ > ‎

Club History

Since 1936, when it was founded, the Pilot Club of St. Augustine has been dedicated to serving our community. From preparing youth for service and leadership, educating about brain safety and health, acknowledging and showing appreciation for those who care for others and honoring those who served or serve our country.

Many long-time members will recall the wonderment on faces of residents of the Senior Citizens Home - now the Samantha Wilson Home - when members gifted the facility with its first color television set. 

Hospital equipment was provided to those in need through the Loan Closet, operated for many years through the St. Johns County Blood Bank. 

Pilot Club members were a key force in the plan activities organization of the blood bank here in the late 1950s. 



The war memorial, which stands in the Plaza de la Constitucion in downtown St. Augustine, was established by the club after World War II paying tribute to those who gave their lives in the service of their country from World War II forward.

Lifeline, the emergency medical response system, was established here in the early 1980's through Pilot cooperation with Flagler Hospital.


In 2019, with substantial support from the owners of Hester's Abbey Floor Covering, the Club awarded over $14,000 in scholarships to local high school seniors, women returning to school, "blue collar" scholarships for trade competitions, "4-H University" as well as "4H Leadership Conference" enrollments.

In the later half of 2019, the Club has organized and maintained the Clothes Closet for Port In The Storm for homeless youth in St. Augustine.  The Club also contributed and continues to contribute to a Library for Port In The Storm.


The club stands strong today supporting many causes like these and others made possible through a variety of fundraising efforts and Club member community service activities.    



Comments