Welcome to the homepage of the MOP (Mobile-Optimized Page) project at Penn State.
When a web page is rendered well in mobile web browsers, it is said to be mobile-optimized or mobile-friendly. In the MOP project, we investigate techniques to improve the mobile-friendliness of web pages in diverse contexts and applications. In particular, we study:
- How to formalize mobile-friendliness and mobile-optimization of web pages?
- What is the objective and quantifiable metric to measure the mobile-friendliness of web pages?
- How to optimize mobile-unfriendly pages into mobile-friendly ones automatically?
- How to verify and quantify the optimization of the before and after states?
- What is the algorithm methodology and organizational policies to optimize mobile-unfriendly sites into mobile-friendly ones?
The (royalty free) mop image above is from here