Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Yield: serves 3
- 190 g minced chicken
- 250 g minced pork
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbs Shaoxing wine
- 2 tbs water
- A few dashes white pepper powder
- 4 tbs Chai Po (菜脯, minced preserved radish) - rinsed
- 1 tbs corn starch
- 250 g fresh pumpkin - sliced
- Place sliced pumpkin on a steaming dish.
- Mix together minced meat, salt, sugar, light
soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, water and pepper in a mixing bowl. Stir in one
direction with a pair of chopsticks until sticky.
- Add pickles and mix well.
- Add corn starch and mix well.
- Lift the mince and slap it down on the bowl a few times, then make into meatballs and place on top of the sliced pumpkin.
- Steam on high heat for about 15 mins or until cooked.