Spring Track starts 3/23
2:45 in the Gym to start.
Dress to run.
You must have a physical on file with the school to participate at all.
See Mr. Lyford in rm 332 for questions about physicals or anything at all.
· Track & Field is for everyone – there are no cuts. Everyone gets to compete in his or her event(s).
· You need a physical from a doctor on file with the school to be able to participate – without one you cannot even practice. Ask a coach if you’re not sure if you have one on file.
· Missing practice or competitions for a club activity is not an option. If you choose to be on the team, we ask that you are fully committed.
· We require you to be at practice every day. If you can’t make the commitment to be at practice every day then track is not for you.
· Track is not like any other sport – you can learn the basic technique of any event in just a few practices. In a lot of sports you need to have played since you were a young kid – that’s not true in track.
· You get to choose the events you want to do. The coaches might steer you in a certain direction, but individual choice is important in track.
· It’s a good idea to come to the first practice in some kind of shape. Even if you are only running 10-20 easy minutes a day in the off-season, that’s better than nothing. If you are in good shape early in the season, both you and the team are better off.
· Optional Conditioning Sessions: Mon through Fri 3pm-4:15pm
Old Foyer starting 3/16
· Track is an individual and a team sport. An individual’s personal successes also help the team.
· Fun is important in track. Meeting new people, improving your performances, out-running (or out-jumping or out-throwing) your competition are all more fun than you might realize.
· Hard work really pays off in track – you get out of it what you put into it.
When does it start?
First practice is Monday, March 23rd
Talk to a coach if you want to find out more about any of the events above!
Coach Lyford (The Elder)
Coach Lyford (The Younger)
*We have a new way of signing up for cross country and track. No more paper sign ups! The link below will provide a sign-up document. Please fill it out so that we can have your information.