FACULTY GRANT INFORMATION
We hope all faculty members will consider submitting grant requests to the Academic Foundation this year. Our sole purpose is to raise money to fund teacher requests for academic focused needs. We have allocated $44,000 to teacher grants for this school year, so please help us put those dollars to work in your classrooms.
Please submit the Grant Request Form, attached below, along with the appropriate documentation to Mr. Nelson by the indicated deadlines for review.
Also, note the following GUIDELINES when completing your grant application:
1. Items, particularly electronics, should be purchased from a county vendor whenever possible. Please consult Eileen Pelaez for a quote. If your requested item is not available from an approved vendor, have Ms. Pelaez initial your request.
2. Books should be purchased from Barnes & Noble whenever possible. Please contact Beth Gaffney, our customer service representative, at 813 871-2228 or email@example.com for a quote and attach that quote to your request.
3. We can make online purchases only from sites that will accept a purchase order. Most educational sites fall into this category. Please confirm that a purchase order is acceptable before submitting your request. Attach an online order form, completed up until the ‘place your order’ step. *Please make sure to include shipping cost in total grant request.*
4. We can make purchases on your behalf in local stores, and utilize our tax exempt status to help the AF Grant Dollars go even further. If shopping on a store’s website, please make sure your items are available in the store. We cannot order online and have the item delivered to the store unless the site will accept a purchase order.
5. In the event that your items cannot be obtained from a county vendor or with a purchase order, you may have to purchase the items yourself and seek reimbursement. This type of purchase requires advance approval by Mr. Nelson and the AF executive board. You will receive a check after you notify us the items have been received. You will need to provide copies of your purchase receipt and shipping paperwork.
6. Always put the regular price of your items on your grant request. Sale prices will likely no longer be valid by the time your grant is approved and processed.
Incomplete applications may cause a delay in the processing of your request. Please be sure to provide all necessary documentation.
Deadlines for grant requests to be given to Mr. Nelson:
The Academic Foundation looks forward to serving as many of your classroom and teaching needs as possible this year through our grant process.
If you have any questions regarding your application, email Mindy Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the Academic Foundation Faculty Liaison,
Lauren Spinka, in room 101.