Data from the Philippines
- 65% of the population is under the age of 30
- Maternal Mortality is the 46th highest in the world
- Child Malnutrition ranks 19th highest in the world
- Low weight babies 21%, 7th highest in the world
- Infant mortality is 18.75/1000, ranked #100 in the world
Philos Health Programs that address Maternal Infant and Child Health
- Every pregnant woman receives prenatal vitamins.
- Every child has a hot nutritious meal – 2500 kids a day, almost 1 million meals to date.
- The Rural Health Center opened in 2010 with a birthing room for safe deliveries.
- The Center expanded with funding from the Philippine Government.
- Pregnant women have access to free ultrasound.
- Women have access to free pap smears for the first time.
- Women and children have access to more than 48 medicines for diabetes, hypertension and antibiotics and other diseases.
- All children under 5 will have access to free children’s multi vitamins in 2013.
- GYN surgery will be provided in 2013 for the 3rd year.
- Training of midwives and physicians on improving care for MICH.
- Incubators and training in their use was provided to the District Hospital in Jagna.
- De worming medicine has been provided to all children.
- Multi-vitamins for children, all children receive it daily.
- All pregnant and lactating women revive prenatal vitamins.
- In February 2015, the Philos surgical team will do its fifth trip.
- The Rural Health Primary Care Center opened 2009.
- Total number of meals is more than 1 million.