"To see a world in a grain of sand" -- William Blake
- Bookmakers are sending gamblers into debt by advertising only their most addictive products, academics claim
- Listening to the gambling industry is terrible economics
- Gambling firms face probe over their World Cup TV adverts
- Gambling advertising. You & Yours, BBC Radio 4
- Academics call for a ban on 'live odds' gambling ads
- All bets could be off
- Working longer hours, spending more on luxuries: The dark side of Nobel-winner Richard Thaler’s ‘nudge theory’
- Can you tot up financial losses correctly?
- Bookies are the real winners of in-game TV betting adverts
- Hassanniakalager, A., & Newall, P. W. S. (2018). A machine learning perspective on responsible gambling. https://doi.org/10.31234/osf.io/sxbaq
- Newall, P. W. S., Thobhani, A., Walasek, L., & Meyer, C. (2018). “Impulsiveness and urgency:” Gambling advertising and the 2018 soccer World Cup. https://doi.org/10.31234/osf.io/3uc9s
- Newall, P. W. S. (2018). Dark nudges in gambling. Addiction Research & Theory. doi: 10.1080/16066359.2018.1474206
- Newall, P. W. S., & Parker, K. N. (2018). Improved mutual fund investment choice architecture. Journal of Behavioral Finance. doi: 10.1080/15427560.2018.1464455
- Buhagiar, R., Cortis, D., & Newall, P. W. S. (2018). Why do some soccer bettors lose more money than others? Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, 18(2018), 85-93. doi: j.jbef.2018.01.010
- Newall, P. W. S. (2018). Commentary: Heads-up limit hold‘em poker is solved. Frontiers in Psychology, 9(210). doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00210
- Newall, P. W. S. (2017). Behavioral complexity of British gambling advertising. Addiction Research & Theory, 25(6), 505-511.
- Newall, P. W. S. (2016). Downside financial risk is misunderstood. Judgment and Decision Making, 11(5), 416-423.
- Newall, P. W. S. (2015). How bookies make your money. Judgment and Decision Making, 10(3), 225-231.
- Newall, P. W. S., & Love, B. C. (2015). Nudging investors big and small toward better decisions. Decision, 2(4), 319-326.
- Newall, P. (2013). Further limit hold ‘em: Exploring the model poker game. Las Vegas, Nevada: Two Plus Two Publishing.
- Newall, P. (2011). The intelligent poker player. Las Vegas, Nevada: Two Plus Two Publishing.
- We took a gamble on Premier League betting odds – and showed that football bets should come with a health warning
- How to save investors from themselves
- A behavioral scientist’s guide to (not) betting on the 2018 World Cup
- Gambling on the dark side of nudges
- Why football bets are far more profitable to bookmakers than gambling machines
- People invest their money illogically – but trying to help them can make things worse
- How bookies play with your emotions to make you place unlikely bets