New Form for home theater furniture manufacturers.
- Widget should close processes properly.
- Sometimes doesn't load properly after computer is asleep or reboot, but will fix itself after a short while. Can flip it to the back and front for quick fix.
- Sometimes doesn't find current work unit slot (fix coming).
Note: This client only works with the current beta and not the previous. FAHControl has had some backend changes in the way they format dates and has also removed some fields. Please keep an eye on Elapsed Time and Estimated Finish as these were effected the most. They appear to be accurate most of the time, but sometimes not.
- Background Update Agent for widget.
- Folding@home News RSS feed integrated. Only shows the newest post.
- Works with latest client.
- Remote stats is now saved in Application Folder instead of preferences.
- Elapsed Time and Finish have been changed. Should be more accurate.
- Many backend changes.
- Fixed some unit name recognition. As before this is an ongoing thing.
Feb 4th, 2012
- Can set user, team and key from back of widget.
- Added Number of Atoms to local stats and removed passkey yes/no as it's no longer needed.
- Better unit name filtering. It's still a work in progress, but so far has been good for the 3 variant work units I've had.
- Increased local access speed.
- Displays information when client is paused.
- Better error checking and no more console socket disconnect messages.
To do: I'm debating putting in a pause/start button for console mode. This will enable you to have more control over the client through the widget. I've been able to get the console mode working on restart with the new client. Unfortunately I cannot get it to stop without a lot of effort, but this is a bug in Folding Client or maybe it's a feature, but I haven't logged a bug report yet
Note: I may put a built in update notification in. Seems like an obvious thing to do.
January 30, 2012
- Works with the latest Client 7 beta.
- Provides Description (when available). Look for the dot next tot timer.
- Tries to provide project name, not just number (experimental). Extracts from project page, which is cached in tmp directory, or description. If not found then it'll display Client 7 State, hopefully. Please report any odd names, but some are odd to begin with.
- Local client info order. Seems more logical to me. Feedback welcome.
- Color changes for some user remote fields (ex. green/red).
I still need to put some double checking for the Client 7 server. The latest beta does seem to timeout now and then, which makes accessing from the widget impossible. Even when you close the client the processes seem to run rogue in the background. You have to try launching Client7 and closing it a few times. FahControl will not stop it. I have nothing to do with this, but it's definitely an unusual bug in Client 7.
- Cleaned up bottom of widget.
- Fixed preferences (misspelled variable name).
The widget is slightly smarter how it gathers information from the project page. It now stores this information in tmp directory. It only updates if the project is not found. This will have even fewer requests from Folding@home server. There's additional information that can be obtained from that page and it may be incorporated in the future, but so far no one has requested it.
Remember that the name of the Protein is experimental and most likely will fail at times. Please report what it is and should be if you can. At least provide the project number and what it displayed.
2012 - 01 - 06 - Update: Stays open until you hit cancel button. Added an icon so it's prettier. :oP
This tiny AppleScript Application is great for testing widget preferences.
Yes another one right behind the first. I rushed yesterdays out and forgot a few flags.
Here's the latest: Download
You can read about the changes on the beta
Here's a new version that fixes many little issues and hopefully doesn't introduce too many new ones.
You can download it here
Off to the Packers Vs Giants.
Yes there's one available. Go to the beta
section email me comments or submit them.
- qdtools update Feb 24, 2011
- Added Elapsed Time
- Added hover scroll over project name for long project names.
- Fixed Additional Info auto collapse.
- Various minor bug fixes that only affected certain computers.
- Fixed error when flipping widget to the back without a folding client installed.
- Automatically disables Growl when local client is unchecked.
- Fixed error when installing client without local folding client.