Get Packing: Inspiring Ideas
Maps by Educators or Students
Blog Posts (with links to Maps)
Finding more inspiring ideas by searching maps.google.com under Advanced Search
Get Your Bearings: How to use the tools
Top Tips for working on a collaborative map
1. Sign in to Google Maps
2. Search for your placemarks, then add them to a map by clicking the placmark then clicking "Add to map".
Activity 1: The Layover - If you only had 24-48 hours in Singapore what would you do? See? Eat?
1. Go to this map: SG Layover
2. Then add 1 or 2 ATTRACTIONS, (restaurants, experiences, places, trails, etc.) that you would consider "Musts" for visitors with only a few hours here. Plot the point on the map, label it and choose an appropriate icon for a placemark. Write a short description including what it is and why it is important. Don't forget to add your name as part of the title.
3. Bonus: If you found that all to be too easy,try to accomplish the following bonus tasks
- Change the icon to better represent the attraction
- Add an image into the description.
- Add a video into the description.
- Try adding a shape or line to represent an area or hiking trail. Can you change the color?