121. The project manager’s leadership style should be matched to the corresponding developmental level of the project team and should move through successive steps in the following order:
122. A company has signed a contract for new work that is different from work that it has done before. The company’s strategic plan calls for much of this kind of work in the future. It is important that it be able to bring the correct shared resources together to work on different parts of the contract. The type of organization that this suggest is a:
123. The manager of a large corporation wants to sign a contract to build a nuclear power plant in Botswana several thousand miles away from the home office. The project will take several years to build and test. What type of organization will be best for managing this project?
124. In matrix management organizations, if the organization maintains many of the characteristic of the functional organization and the project managers are considered more like project coordinators or expediters, it is called a:
125. A project manager is selecting team members for her project team. She collects the resumes and past performance reviews for the potential team members and discusses each with their functional manager. Which of the following is not a characteristic that the project manager should use in selecting the team members?
126. A project manager is responsible for all that goes on in the project. One of the most important duties that the project manage can perform is the function of:
127. The organization that is a formalized structure directed toward the support of the project community within the organization is called:
128. On a project team one of the team members has a problem collecting on a medical insurance claim. The team member comes to the project manager and explains the problem. The problem is the responsibility of the:
129. The organization that is a formalized structure where the project teams and the project managers reside is called:
130. A conflict arises about the method to solve a difficult design problem. The project manager is seeking a method of resolving the conflict. In order to achieve the most long lasting resolution to project conflicts, which of the following approached should be used?
131. In a large organization a project expediter is being used to manage a project for an important client. The position of project expediter would be found in what kind of an organization?
132. The project manager of a project is concerned with managing cost and improving morale and is also concerned about notifying other project managers when individuals from his project team will be available to work on other projects. This is best addressed in the project’s:
133. The beginning and the end of the project is defined by:
134. Herzberg divided motivation factors into two classes: satisfiers and dissatisfiers. Examples of satisfiers are:
135. The skill of listening involves more than just hearing the sounds. One of the characteristics of a good listener is that he or she:
136. Primary outputs from team development are:
138. A project manager is concerned about team building on her project. One of the mandatory things that she must have in order to have good team building is:
139. The project manager of a new project wants to get things started in a positive way with the project team. The project manager wants the team members to get to know one another, to introduce the project team and the project manager to one another, to discuss the objectives and goals of the project, and to identify some of the potential problem areas. This meeting is called a:
140. A project manager is managing a project where there will be a number of persons working together. She wants to enhance the ability of the team to work together and perform as a team. One of the things that she can do to maximize the ability of the team to do this is: