Study these verses very carefully! This is where many Christians really miss the boat with God. Too many Christians are running there own lives and making their own choices instead of turning the reigns of their life over to God the Father for Him to fully handle. Only God knows what your true potentials are in this life – and He is the only One who can arrange to have those full potentials maximized and realized in this life!
1. This first verse will specifically tell you that God now has a definite PLAN and FUTURE set up for your life. This is from the prophet Jeremiah and it is a very popular verse.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
Notice the words “to give you.” God is going to give you, to bring to you His specific plans and future that He now has in store for your life.
2. Memorize this next verse. This one liner is extremely powerful.
“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord … ”(Psalm 37:23)
Another way to look at this is that a step is one day in your life. What this means is that God now has each day of your life perfectly planned out for you to the day that you depart from this life. You are now on the yellow brick road with the yellow color now being the light of God Himself.
Your job is to now live each day to its fullest, always trying to do the best at whatever God will be calling you to do for Him on that particular day. If you can learn how to keep this kind of mindset, you will be less likely to throw pity parties when things do not go the way you think they should.
3. Study this next verse very carefully as it really applies to your situation
”A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” (Proverbs 16:9)
What this verse means is that at times you will have to plan things out, try to figure things out, start testing things out. As you are doing all of this, God will then direct your steps as you are walking them out, and before you know it, you will then end up at the place where God will want you to be at.
This verse perfectly fits into what you are dealing with right now on your job situation. You now have to seek after this next new job, but as you are in the process of seeking after this next new job – God will make sure that He perfectly guides your steps all the way so that you can then land in the next job that He will want you to have. You will thus find it as you are seeking after it.
4. Here is another very powerful verse that will tell us that God will provide us with His divine protection if we are willing to listen to Him and follow His ways.
“But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil.” (Proverbs 1:33)
Notice the words “listen to me.” God leads – you follow. If you do, then God will give you safe and secure dwelling in this life and protection from evil things!
This is a very powerful promise for all believers. Many Christians find themselves in one dire circumstance after another as a result of not listening to God and doing what He wants them to be doing with their lives.
5. The next 5 verses will tell you that God will now be fully guiding your steps in this life.
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5)
- Thus says the Lord, Your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way you should go.” (Isaiah 48:17)
- “I will instruct you and teach you in the way should go; I will guide you with My eye.” (Psalm 32:8)
- “For this is God, our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death.” (Psalm 48:14)
- “The Lord will guide you continually …” (Isaiah 58:11)
Notice the specific words that God will “guide you continually, be our guide even to death, guide you with His eye, leads you by the way you should go, teaches you to profit, instructs you and directs your paths.”
These are extremely powerful words. All of these verses make it very clear that it is God’s job to fully guide and direct your steps in this life. And all of this is given to you free of charge. This is why you can let go and let God. This is why the Bible tells us that we can now cast all of our burdens and cares upon the Lord – because it is now His job to take full and complete care of all of us from the moment we fully surrender everything over to Him.
6. This next verse now goes one step further and specifically tells us that it is not our responsibility to direct our own steps in this life – that this responsibility now belongs to God and God alone!
“O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.” (Jeremiah 10:23)
Put this verse together with all of the other ones listed above – and it becomes quite clear that it is God’s job to direct our steps in this life – not ours!
7. Stephanie, this next verse is especially for you. Notice the last sentence where it tells you to trust in God, to wait patiently for Him, and that He will bring it to pass!
“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass … Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.” (Psalm 37:4,7)