Introduction to Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E)
“Monitoring involves the continuous and systematic collection and analysis of data, while evaluation is the objective assessment of an ongoing or completed project. Strong, effective monitoring and evaluation is essential to successful social fund projects because it allows stakeholders, project managers and governments to determine how well projects are meeting objectives. Monitoring and evaluation builds greater transparency and accountability while providing project staff with a clearer view of the use of project resources and the process for decision-making. Future project planning and development is improved when guided by lessons learned from project experience.”(http://web.worldbank.org)
Introduction to Peter Tobin Consultancy (PTC)
PTC is a management consulting practice established in 1994. PTC offers a range of services based on World Class methods, tools, frameworks and standards, to assist individuals, teams and organisations to improve their performance in selected focus areas.
PTC M&E Experience
Dr Peter Tobin, founder of PTC, has been a certified Project Manager since 1998, with extensive experience of managing projects and developing project management and M&E expertise. He has delivered workshops supported by multiple agencies including the Development Bank of Southern Africa, European Commission and World Bank. Dr Tobin has M&E experience in Botswana, Namibia, South Africa and Zambia. PTC has built a network of specialists who bring to PTC clients the specific knowledge, skills and experience to deliver successful consulting engagements on time, on budget, at the required quality, at low risk and high value.
PTC M&E Videos
There are three videos about PTC's work on M&E available on YouTube
Preview of PTC M&E workshop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNcM4BxYBZU&list=UUgmcq6_tonH7QdTAgCpZnag
Review of PTC Zesco M&E workshop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXbyGF0xQF4&list=UUgmcq6_tonH7QdTAgCpZnag
Dr Tobin interview on M&E https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y0X7xC0KnI&list=UUgmcq6_tonH7QdTAgCpZnag
PTC M&E Engagement Model
The PTC team work closely with our clients to deliver successful engagements through three primary methods:
1. Project based. The client and PTC define specific project scope, timescale and costs
2. Retainer based. The client retains PTC for regular, ongoing support focused on continual improvement of M&E.
3. Ad hoc services based. The client uses an “as required” approach to engage PTC as the need arises.
PTC has the capacity to cater for one or multiple of these engagement models according to the requirements of each client.
PTC M&E Services Portfolio
The PTC M&E Services Portfolio includes the following offerings which can be tailored to the unique requirements of each client.
1. M&E maturity assessments: Assessment of the overall maturity of the deployment of M&E in your organisation
2. M&E organisation standards: Reviews the specific processes and procedures used to support M&E
3. M&E performance audits: Reviews the use of M&E at the programme and project level
4. M&E project business case: Provides guidance in the project business case lifecycle
5. M&E project health checks: Provides independent assurance for specific project dimensions
6. M&E project reviews: Provides in-project periodic monitoring
7. M&E project risk management: Provides a lifecycle based risk management
8. M&E project selection and monitoring: Provides portfolio level guidance
9. M&E project simulations: Provides simulated real-world training
10. M&E project sponsor development: Provides training for your sponsors
11. M&E project stakeholder surveys: Provides effective stakeholder monitoring
12. M&E successful practices management: Provides reusable knowledge assets
13. M&E support office: Provides structured support services
14. M&E team coaching and mentoring: Provides personal development platform
15. M&E team conflict management: Provides enhanced conflict management
16. M&E team education and training: Provides capacity building
17. M&E team recruitment: Provides support for team selection
18. M&E team skills assessments: Provides skills profiling
19. M&E templates: Provides multiple reusable templates
20. M&E tools advice: Provides guidance on selection and use of M&E tools
For more information
Please contact Priscilla Landsman email@example.com or (+27) 072-085-4114
You can also download this page by clicking the brochure link below.