To be able to support poor families we need to be able to give them some capital funding in the form of a small grant of £100 - £1000 to allow poor families to begin a small business
Donate to support the St Andrea development project here.
Experience has told us that a small grant of £300 to initiate a rice production project can really benefit a poor family, allowing them to start producing their own crop and in turn a profit from which they can re-seed as well as provide some support for their family.
The grant will allow the family to:
Purchase suitable tools.
Rent a piece of land.
Provide water for their growing crop.
Provide care for the growing crop in terms of weeding and fertilisers.
Harvest their crop.
Transport their harvested crop to market.
The pictures show
(top left) rice growing near Kisumu,
(bottom left) a team harvesting rice,
(top right) threshing rice
OTHER INCOME GENERATING ACTIVITIES WORTH SUPPORTING
THROUGH PEOPLE FOR JESUS INTERNATIONAL MINISTRIES;
1. Wheat farming
2. Beans/Maize/Corn plus other farming activities
3. Small Scale Businesses such as sale of vegetables which need about £30-- £300 capital per person to begin and become self-sufficient. There are many varieties of Small-Scale Businesses to choose from.
4. Livestock farming as income generating activities e.g goats keeping, poultry keeping, cows keeping, bee and fish keeping, etc
5. Initiate light industrial/manufacturing or processing plants, e.g tissue paper making etc.
6. Developing other income generating activities in small or in large scale