Madeleines Recipe - Laduree: The Sweet Recipes
1. Using a grater, remove the zest from the lemons. Then mix the zest with the sugar.
2. In another bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
4. In another bowl, place the eggs, sugar/lemon mixture, and honey. Whip together until pale and frothy. Then fold in the flour and baking powder mixture. Add the melted butter and combine.
5. Refrigerate batter for a minimum of 12 hours in a closed container. NOTE: I did a batch at refrigeration of 4 hours and refrigeration of 12 hours and I could NOT tell the difference in taste. As long as the batter is cold at 4 hours, you can use it. The key is cold!
6. Melt the tbsp of butter and butter the moulds with a pastry brush. Then refrigerate for 15 minutes until the butter is hardened and the pan is cold.
7. Preheat oven to 390 degrees. Fill moulds 3/4 to the top with batter. Cook madeleines 8-10 minutes. Remove when golden and allow to cool slightly before removing from the moulds.
-The key is to have the batter and pan COLD. The rapid change in temperature in the oven helps create the poofy shape of these cookies!
-Serve when lukewarm. They taste like heaven at this temperature!
-Store in airtight container.
Printed from http://peoniesandorangeblossoms.blogspot.com