Video Clip of the Month
Your New Friend in College Planning
Seniors…3 must-do tasks for this fall!
- Apply to your top college choices. If your school participates in Nebraska’s Apply2Collegecampaign in October, you’ll get help with your college applications during a school-day event. If not, click hereto find a college application checklist and other helpful resources.
- Create an FSA ID. You and a parent must each create a username andpassword at fsaid.ed.govthat will serve as your FederalStudent Aid (FSA) IDs for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will each need your own emailaddress to create an FSA ID.
- Complete the FAFSA at fafsa.govon or after October 1. The FAFSA is your application for federal, state, and college-based financial aid. The colleges you list on the application will use that information to determine the types and amounts of financial aid they will award you.
Get FREE help from EducationQuest
- Attend an EducationQuest Financial Aid Program to learn about types of financial aid and the FAFSA. While you’re there, register to win a $500 scholarship!
- Find free FAFSA Toolsat EducationQuest.org to help you prepare for and complete the FAFSA.
- Call EducationQuest to set up an appointment for free personal help: Omaha – 888.357.6300, Lincoln – 800.303.3745, Kearney – 800.666.3721, and Scottsbluff – 800.303.3745, ext. 6654.
Meet with college reps at College Fairs, Educational Planning Programs
Juniors and seniors: Attend a College Fair or Educational Planning Program (EPP) this fall to meet with college representatives. Admission is free.
Before you attend, visit NebraskaCollegeFairs.orgto register for a barcode. Print the barcode, or download it to your smartphone, and take it to the fair so that college reps can scan it.
2018 Fall College Fairs
Lincoln Area College Fair, Sunday, September 16, 1:00-3:00 p.m. – Southeast Community College,
8800 O Street.
Omaha Area College Fair, Sunday, September 23, 1:00-4:00 p.m. – University of Nebraska at Omaha
Sapp Fieldhouse, 6001 Dodge St.
2018 Educational Planning Programs
EPPs will be held across the state this fall. See the Events Calendarat EducationQuest.org to find the event in your area.
September “To Do” List
Juniors and seniors ... complete these college planning tasks during September:
__ Seniors, apply to your top college choices.
__ Seniors, create an FSA ID for you and one for a parent at fsaid.ed.gov.
__ Juniors and seniors, attend a Financial Aid Program.
__ Before you attend a College Fair or EPP, get a barcode at NebraskaCollegeFairs.org.
__ Seniors, registerby September 7 for the October 6 SAT.
__ Seniors, registerby September 28 for October 27 ACT.
For free help with college planning, contact EducationQuest Foundation:
Omaha Lincoln Kearney Scottsbluff
402-391-4033 402-475-5222 308-234-6310 800-303-3745,
888-357-6300 800-303-3745 800-666-3721 ext. 6654
Your Journey to College Begins with Us