It is very easy to create your own Multi-OEM Windows XP DVD.This is very useful for those who don't have their own Windows OEM CD that came with their branded computers.This is also very useful for system builders and technicians as they can now install legal version of windows without carrying with them all the different branded OEM CD's and DVD's.
Create a Multi-OEM Windows XP CD or DVD...
After Following the below steps you can create a Multi OEM Windows XP DVD.The Windows XP will be fully activated when you install it on the following brands of pc which have these slp strings in their bios...
You can find out the slp strings in your Bios by using OEMBIOS tool (v1.1) from the downloads section
SLP Strings Oembios CRC
[Acer TravelMate] 700A8481
[AMOI Electronics CO.,Ltd] 3A887CB8
[Brain Technology] BF5F3D34
[Channel Partner Solutions] 9271294A
[Dell System] B6F0EEFD
[Dell Computer] B6F0EEFD
[Dell Inc] B6F0EEFD
[Dell Quanta] 87870F5A
[BIOSLOCKFUNCTION ELITEGROUP] 8EE1223C
[Equus Computer Systems] 0D59FC53
[Founder PC] 3A0C0121
[IBM CORPORATION] D7A77612
[LG Electronics] 8D3A3465
[Lan Plus] FDAA5E8B
[LEGEND Dragon] 7B06BD13
[MCJ Co,.Ltd] DEBD653E
[NEC Computers] E32D3612
[OQO Inc/Zepto/(jja)] 458AE2C4
[RM plc] DEE9D7D9
[Research Machines] DEE9D7D9
[Sony Corporation] 376E13C7
[Time Computers] 7EB9D890
[Time Computer] 7EB9D890
[TSINGHUA TONGFANG COMPUTER] 7870B3C6
[vpr Matrix] 5D99A970
[ASUSTeK Pegasus] 2411858C
[HP PAVILION] 06D652A4
[FSC SERVER] 10045CFA
[FUJITSU SIEMENS] 10045CFA
[FSC SYSTEM] 10045CFA
• Windows Xp Oem untouched iso’s (XP-Pro,XP-Home,XP-MediaCentre and XP-64Bit)
• Iso Editing utilities such as Ultra iso or Magic iso or any other similar softwares for editing the iso files..
Steps To do:
1. First of all get yourself untouched iso images of XP-Pro,XP-Home,XP-MediaCentre and XP-64bit versions and if you don’t have one then you can easily convert your retail or VLK versions into OEM version by following THIS thread.
2. Download “WinXP_MULTIOEM.rar” from the following link and extract the files into a folder on your desktop.
3. Download all the relevant “Uncompressed Oembios Filesets” from the “Oem Bios Archive” from HERE. i.e,download all the oembios filesets and put them in their respective folders in the “OEM” folder in the “WinXP_MULTIOEM” folder you just extracted on your desktop.You have to match the CRC values of the OEM filesets with the foldernames of the folders in the “OEM” folders..
For Example: If you have “ACERSYSTEM” in your bios then its CRC value is “717B6EF3”,so you just download the uncompressed “Acer-717B6EF3” from the archive and then extract only the Oembiosfiles into “717B6EF3” folder in the “OEM” folder in the extracted “WinXP_MULTIOEM” folder.Similarly download all the Other files and put them in their respective folder in the “OEM” folder.
4. There are four folder in your extracted “WinXP_MULTIOEM”..
Each of these folders contain “oemscan.ini” file.Now if you are creating an XP Professional MULTI OEM,then copy the “oemscan.ini” file from “XP_Pro” folder into the “OEM” folder in the “WinXP_MULTIOEM”.Similarly if you are making other versions of XP MULTI OEM,then copy their “oemscan.ini” into the “OEM” folder.You can also edit the “oemscan.ini” and keep only those relevant line whose DVD you want to make and delete the other lines.
5. Open your untouched “Windows XP” iso’s with the help of Ultraiso or any other iso editing utility.
6. Now copy the “OEM” folder from the Extracted “WinXP_MULTIOEM” folder on your desktop where you have just put all the Oembios filesets to the root of your Windows XP iso..
7. Also copy the “WINNT.SIF” file from “WinXP_MULTIOEM” that is their on your desktop to “I386” folder in your iso i.e, “\I386\WINNT.SIF”
8. Now just save this edited Windows XP iso,and you have made your own MULTI-OEM Windows XP DVD.
1. I have not included oembios filesets in the “WinXP_MULTIOEM.rar” file.
2. Many thanks to “xehter” of msfn,Freestyler,and mr_smartepants of siginet for all their explainations and clarification without which this method would not have been possible.
3. Sometime,if your bios have more than ONE slp strings,the “oemscan.exe” will match the first foung slp string in your bios and insert those filesets.One way to circumvent this is that you put those line in the “oemscan.ini” whose filesets you want to be inserted.