Education: Ph.D. Economics, Tilburg University 2005
Professor of Economics, ESG Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM
Vice-President, Public Policy Group, CIRANO
Other research affiliations:
See my working papers page on IDEAS for other papers and PDFs.
Papers in revision at journals
- Optimal Financial Knowledge and Wealth Inequality (with Annamaria Lusardi and Olivia Mitchell), conditionally accepted Journal of Political Economy
- Accounting for the Rise in Health Spending and Longevity (with Raquel Fonseca, Titus Galama and Arie Kapteyn), revise and resubmit Review of Economic Studies
- Health Club Attendance, Expectations and Self-Control (with Jean-Denys Garon and Alix Masse), forthcoming Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization
- Financial Literacy and Retirement Planning in Canada (with David Boisclair and Annamaria Lusardi), forthcoming Journal of Pension Economics and Finance
- Solé-Auro, A., P.C. Michaud, M. Hurd and E. Crimmins (forthcoming) Disease Incidence and Mortality Among Older Americans and Europeans, Demography
Goldman, D., D. Cutler, J.W. Rowe, P._C. Michaud, J. Sullivan, D. Peneva and S.J. Olshansky (2013) "Substantial Health And Economic Returns From Delayed Aging May Warrant A New Focus For Medical Research", Health Affairs, vol. 32, no 10., 1698-1705.
Hurd, M., P.-C. Michaud and S. Rohwedder (2013) "The Lifetime Risk of Nursing Home Use", NBER Chapter, in Discoveries in the Economics of Aging, pp 81-109. University of Chicago Press.
Dionne, G., P.-C. Michaud and M. Dahchour (2013): "Separating Moral Hazard from Adverse Selection in Automobile Insurance: Longitudinal Evidence from France", Journal of the European Economic Association, 11(4), 897-917.
Michaud, P.-C., D. Lakdawalla, D. Goldman, Y. Zheng and A. Gailey (2012): “The value of Medical and Pharmaceutical Interventions for Reducing Obesity” Journal of Health Economics 31:4, pp. 630-643.
Hurd, M., P.-C. Michaud and S. Rohwedder (2012): “The Displacement Effect of Public Pensions on the Accumulation of Financial Assets”, Fiscal Studies 33:1, pp. 107-128.
Michaud, P.-C. and F. Vermeulen (2011): "A Collective Labor Supply Model with Complementarities in Leisure: Identification and Estimation by Means of Panel Data", Labour Economics 18:2, pp. 159-167.
Michaud, P.-C. and K. Tatsiramos (2011): “Fertility and Female Employment Dynamics in Europe: The Effect of Using Alternative Econometric Modeling Assumptions”, Journal of Applied Econometrics 26:4, pp. 641-668.
Michaud, P.-C., A. Heitmueller and Z. Nazarov (2010): “A Dynamic Analysis of Informal Care and Employment in England”, Labour Economics 17(3), pp. 455-465.
Goldman, D., Y. Zheng, F. Girosi, P.-C. Michaud, S.J. Olshansky, D. Cutler and J. Rowe (2009): “The Benefits of Risk Factor Prevention in Americans Aged 51 and Older”. American Journal of Public Health vol. 99(11), pp. 2096-2101.
Lakdawalla, D., D. Goldman, P.-C. Michaud, N. Sood, R. Lempert, Z. Cong, H. de Vries and I. Gutierrez (2008): “U.S. Pharmaceutical Policy in a Global Marketplace”, Health Affairs 28:1, w138-w150.
Michaud, P.-C. and A. van Soest (2008): “Health and Wealth of Elderly Couples: Causality Tests using Dynamic Panel Data Models”, Journal of Health Economics 27:5, pp. 1312-1325.