Here is a short history of Scout Popcorn in Canada.
90 Million Dollars in Popcorn has been raised during our history and over 57 Million of that has been returned to Scouting!
- All 20 Councils are involved in the sale
- Over $57,000,000 has been raised by groups since 1989
- National promotions with "The World's Largest Popcorn Ball" and the "World's Longest Popcorn String." Tour stops in Saint John, Toronto, Regina Vancouver, Calgary and Winnipeg
- More than 350 youth have qualified for the Scholarship Program to date
- Product line growth from $8 and $14 items to $20, $25, $40 and $55 items expanding Scouting profit per container
- Chinook and Northern Lights Councils (Alberta) have surpassed sales of $1,000,000 each ($1.9 and $1.3 respectively)
FROM THE BEGINNING