ORDERING POPCORN & REWARDS
IMPORTANT: THIS SITE IS FOR GROUPS IN THE PACIFIC COAST COUNCIL ONLY AND IS NOT VALID FOR GROUPS IN ANY OTHER COUNCIL
This section explains how to place your popcorn orders, when to pay for your orders, and how to order your incentive rewards.
There are two separate popcorn orders that must be entered through the "on-line" Popcorn System (Trails End website) by the Group Coordinator:
1. "INITIAL ORDER " is the September Show & Sell Order (for those who are ordering Show & Sell); and
2. "TAKE ORDER" is your October Main Take Order).
TEST THE ORDERING SYSTEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO LOG IN:
- Click on the Popcorn System website scouting.trails-end.com;
- Enter your username which is usually your "firstname.lastname" (if this doesn't work, email Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org);
- If you have forgotten your password or you are a first time user, click on "Need Help?" and follow the instructions to reset your password (your reset instructions will be sent to your email address that you provided to us when you registered your group);
- If you have any problems, please email Steve at email@example.com.
YOU MUST TEST THE SYSTEM OUT WELL BEFORE THE DEADLINE FOR ORDERING POPCORN TO ENSURE THAT THE SYSTEM IS WORKING FOR YOU. TEST THE SYSTEM OUT (FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR THE "SEPTEMBER SHOW & SELL INITIAL ORDER" or for the "OCTOBER MAIN TAKE ORDER".
WHEN YOU LOG INTO THE TRAIL-END SYSTEM, YOU DO NOT NEED TO VIEW THE TUTORIAL VIDEO - SIMPLY FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
ORDERING YOUR SEPTEMBER SHOW & SELL "INITIAL ORDER" 2018
(optional for those ordering early popcorn product for Show & Sell - Orders are by "Cases")
If you are not ordering for Show & Sell, skip this section and go to OCTOBER MAIN "TAKE ORDER" which is the next section below.
NOTE: PAYMENT FOR THE SHOW & SELL ORDER IS WITH A POST DATED CHEQUE DATED OCTOBER 31ST AT THE TIME YOUR SHOW & SELL ORDER IS PICKED-UP (SEE THE TIMELINE FOR DETAILS).
The SEPTEMBER SHOW & SELL INITIAL ORDER a single Group order entered by "CASES" in September. These orders must be entered onto the Popcorn System (Trails-End website) for each Group no later than the deadline shown on the Timeline and using the instructions below.
The popcorn items that are available for the 2018 Show & Sell are:
- Chocolate Caramel Crunch Tin (6 tins per case);
- Salted Caramel Popcorn Tin (6 tins per case);
- Caramel Corn with Almonds, Pecans, Cashews (12 bags per case);
- Classic Trail Mix (12 bags per case);
- 18pk Unbelievable Butter Microwave (6 boxes per case);
- White Cheddar Cheese (12 bags per case);
- Popping Corn (12 bags per case).
Note that if youth/adults are selling by SHOW & SELL, the amounts they sell must be tracked. A separate Sales sheet should be created for tracking purposes. For example, if eight sellers are taking turns at a table in front of a store for a day, the total dollar sales amount needs to be allocated to each seller according to the hours they spent at the table. Each Popcorn Coordinator for a section (Beaver Scouts, Cub Scouts, Scouts, etc.) must track these sales carefully. As many of you know, Excel spreadsheets work well for tracking sales in a variety of ways.
To enter your SEPTEMBER SHOW & SELL INITIAL ORDER, carefully follow these steps:
- Click on the Popcorn System website scouting.trails-end.com
- Sign into your account (if you have forgotten your username/password, follow the instructions at the top of this page).
- Note that you do not need to view the Tutorial Video when signed in;
- Click on the "Order Popcorn" button;
- Make sure the campaign shows -> "2018 Selling Campaign".
- Choose Delivery as -> "Initial Order";
- The order form will appear;
- To add or subtract cases use "Order Adj (+or-)" column by clicking on the number and then using the "up arrow key" or "down arrow key" on your computer to increase or decrease your "Final Unit Order" to the desired amount and then click on the "Save as Draft" button when you are done;
- The last column "Final Unit Order" shows the number of cases in your current (or "draft") order (ignore the "Base Commission" number showing at the bottom (your group will earn the minimum 45% of sales);
- You can come back at a later time and adjust your Show & Sell order (provided that you have not clicked the Submit button);
- Remember, for the Show & Sell YOU MUST ORDER BY THE CASE (note that the number of Packages/Bags of product in each Case is shown on the "Selling Units Case" column;
- You can make changes to your order UP TO SEPTEMBER 9th, and provided you have not clicked the "Submit" button;
- When you are sure that your "Final Unit Order" column is correct, click on the "Submit" Button (YOU MUST CLICK THE SUBMIT BUTTON FOR YOUR ORDER TO BE PROCESSED);
- A copy of your invoice will be emailed to you within one to two days (if you do not get your invoice, email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Prepare a posted dated cheque (dated October 31st and made out to "Scouts Canada") in the invoice amount and bring it with you when you pick up your Show & Sell order. This Cheque must be brought with you in order to receive your Show & Sell stock.
ORDERING YOUR OCTOBER MAIN "TAKE ORDER" 2018
MAKE SURE THAT YOU START ENTERING YOUR DATA WELL BEFORE THE OCTOBER 30TH DEADLINE
***NOTE THAT THERE IS A NEW PROCEDURE FOR ORDERING YOUR OCTOBER "TAKE ORDER" (PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY).
***DO NOT DO ANY ENTRIES UNTIL YOU HAVE READ OVER THE ENTIRE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE.
THESE INSTRUCTIONS SHOULD MAKE YOUR WORK LOAD LESS. OFTEN IT IS EASIER TO PRINT THESE INSTRUCTIONS OUT (GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO PRINT) AND FOLLOW THEM AS YOU ARE MAKING YOUR GROUP WORKSHEET ENTRIES AS WELL AS THE POPCORN ORDERING SYSTEM ENTRIES.
We will be using the 2018 Group Worksheet to record individual's "Take Order" product quantities and the individual's Show & Sell dollar assignments (click on DOCUMENTS to download the Group Worksheet). This spreadsheet will summarize an individual's popcorn sales quantities, Take Order earnings and Show & Sell earnings (as well as the Traditional Rewards choices for groups who have opted into the Traditional Rewards Program). It will then be used when entering the final "TAKE ORDER" popcorn quantities and information into the Popcorn Ordering System (Trails-End system).
Orders must be entered onto the Popcorn Ordering System (Trails-End website) for each Group no later than the deadline shown on the TIMELINE of this website. In addition, the final Worksheet must be emailed to email@example.com no later than the deadline shown on the Timeline.
If youth have sold popcorn by SHOW & SELL, the amounts they sell must be tracked. We trust that this has already been done, as was recommended. A separate Sales Form should be created for tracking purposes. For example, if eight sellers are taking turns at a table in front of a store for a day, the total dollar sales amount needs to be allocated to each seller according to the hours they spent at the table and what was sold in those hours. Each Popcorn Coordinator in each section (Beaver Scouts, Cub Scouts, Scouts, etc.) must track these sales carefully. As many of you know, Excel spreadsheets work well for tracking sales in a variety of ways.
To place your "TAKE ORDER", you must carefully follow these NEW steps:
"Download" the "2018 Group Popcorn Worksheet" (which can be found on the DOCUMENTS page of this website) and save it to your desktop (the saved name of the file must include your group name).
Save 2 copies - one to start with the word PRACTICE if you feel you need it. The other one will be your FINAL copy to be used for your Popcorn Ordering and also to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open the spreadsheet, click on the " Group Name & Info" tab, and fill in your: Group Name, Your Name and your Phone Number (cell preferred). (Save the file).
- Now go to Tab - "Sellers Orders." Spend some time studying this form (you may want to save a "practice file to test out).
- GO TO YOUR FINAL COPY and THEN in the left column, enter all the names of the youth who sold popcorn in each Section (remember to saving your file); Try to have all sellers together for each section as you cannot use the sort function as it will mess up the other spreadsheets.
- Enter the number of packages (also called containers) that each youth sold of each item for the "TAKE ORDERS" excluding the SHOW & SELL sales;
- Enter any SHOW & SELL dollar allocations for each youth in the "Show & Sell column; We trust that all S&S sales were tracked for each youth so that you have this information. If the tracking did NOT occur, you will need to estimate and allocate the sales to the individuals who participated in the Show & Sell the best you can because these sales will also contribute to the prizes/rewards that each youth earn.
- We assume that ahead of using this spreadsheet, you will use your own Excel or something similar to figure out the $$ sold and items sold for each youth and calculate their Total Sales.
- Check that the "TOTAL SALES" are correct for each youth; IF A YOUTH IS CLOSE TO SPECIAL REWARDS, PLEASE LOOK SERIOUSLY AT THIS SITUATION AND SEE IF THE AMOUNT NEEDED CAN BE SOLD RIGHT AWAY SO THEY EARN THEIR SPECIAL PRIZE I.E. SCHOLARSHIP MONEY ($2500.00 for first qualification). Or a larger amount for any Rewards. Explain to parents.
- ****If you have any Show and Sell popcorn stock left over that you will be using to offset the Take Order, then click on the SELLERS ORDERS and add a line called S&S leftover stock, and enter all the remaining stock as Negative Numbers. This will decrease the number of packages for your Group Order.
- Click on the "SELLERS ORDERS" page again and view the popcorn quantities in the purple row near the top of the spreadsheet which shows your order. You must now do a separate calculation to cross check that the quantities in the purple row are indeed the stock that you will need.
- If your Group has opted into the Traditional Rewards Program, Click on the "Traditional Prizes Sheet" tab and add the "Reward Code" and "Reward Chosen Description" for each youth - note that the names and $$$ sold will have already been transferred to this sheet. Please ensure that the correct name of the prize and the prize code are entered for each qualifying youth. Do not use the "Sort" function on this spreadsheet;
- Once you have checked and "verified" that your entries are correct, click on "File Save As" and save the file with the words "PCCFINAL2018" at the end of the file name (eg. 2ndLakeView Popcorn Sales PCCFINAL2018);
- Print out the "Sellers Orders" page and now you are ready to enter your final order into the Popcorn System;
- Click on the Popcorn System website scouting.trails-end.com and sign into your account (follow the "TEST NEW ORDERING SYSTEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE" at the top of this page if you have not already done so).
- When you have signed in, size the page to FULL SCREEN so that all the selection subpages will show across the page near the top (eg. DETAIL, CONTACTS, SCOUTS, SCOUT TRACKING, etc.).
- Click the "Order Popcorn" button. Choose the delivery as "Take Order". You will now be able to see your entire Take Order quantities. Using the "Order Adj (+/-) column, enter the quantities of containers (ie packages) needed . Remember cs:=cases and ct:=containers (or packages).
- The "Final Unit Order" column should equal the top purple line of your worksheet (remember, if you have show & sell stock left over, be sure it is deducted from your Take Order quantities (ie put in a line of negative numbers on your Group Worksheet equal to the packages you have left over).
- The "Final Unit Order" column must also equal your final required stock.
- Again, double check your order and when you are sure it is correct and final, click the "Submit" Button (this submits your final order to Council).
- Note that you will not be using the "APP ORDER", "COMMISSIONS", "STRIPE, CREDIT CARD REGISTRATION, ETC, system pages.
- DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR ORDER AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR ORDER TO COUNCIL AS YOUR ORDER WILL BE INCORRECT. If you have found that a Scout has brought in a late order, after you have clicked "Submit to Council", call Steve at 604-396-4533. We may be able to make the changes needed, or a small amount of popcorn might be available from the extra Council stock;
- Print your Unit Invoice by clicking on "Reports" and then "Invoice". The amount of the cheque payable to Scouts Canada is at the bottom of your invoice (follow timeline instructions) YOUR CHEQUE MUST BE HANDED IN TO SCOUT HOUSE BEFORE FRIDAY NOVEMBER 3rd at 4:00pm;
- One of the final steps is to email your final "......PCCFINAL2017" spreadsheet to email@example.com no later than the date shown on the TIMELINE.
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE POPCORN ORDERING SYSTEM, YOU CAN CONTACT THE TRAILS-END HELP LINE:
OR CALL THEM DIRECTLY AT 1-888-997-3897.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU START ENTERING YOUR DATA WELL BEFORE THE OCTOBER 30TH DEADLINE
ORDERING INCENTIVE REWARDS 2018
The $2,500 National Reward (Quarterly Gear Boxes) will automatically be sent to each winner each season throughout the year (total of 4 Gear Boxes). Note that only youth qualify for the National rewards.
For the Groups who are participating in the Traditional Rewards Program, you must complete the rewards selection on the Group Worksheet and mail a separate cheque made out to "Scouts Canada" to the 21st Capilano Group, Attn: Scouter Steve, 971 Belgrave Avenue, North Vancouver, BC V7R 1Z3 by the due date shown on the TIMELINE. These rewards will be available when you pick up your "Take Orders" at the warehouse.
A copy of the individual's "Popcorn Sales Order Forms" for each participant who achieves the Scholarship Reward level or was a previous Scholarship qualifier, MUST BE EMAILED to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date shown on the TIMELINE along with the completed Scholarship Enrollment Form (this form can be downloaded from the DOCUMENTS page OF THIS WEBSITE). The scholarship requirement information sheet can also be downloaded from the DOCUMENTS page.
It is IMPORTANT TO NOTE that if a participant has reached the Scholarship level in a previous year, a copy of their current "Popcorn Sales Order Form" and a completed Scholarship Rewards form must be emailed no matter what their sales level is this year (6% of their sales will go towards their scholarship fund). Please ensure that parents know that they are responsible for tracking scholarship information each year. The list of Scholarship qualifiers since 2003 is on the DOCUMENTS page.
***BE SURE TO COMPLETE ALL TIMELINE ITEMS WHEN YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN SUBMITTED TO COUNCIL.
***KEEP COPIES OF ALL THE POPCORN ORDER SHEETS FOR THE SCOUTS TO USE NEXT YEAR AS REFERENCE FOR NAMES FOR ADDITIONAL SALES and KEPT FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS AS VERIFICATION FOR SCHOLARSHIPS.
CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU READ THIS FAR - NOW probably a good idea to print out these instructions so you can check off what has been done, along with the Timeline at the beginning of this website.
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com or you can phone Steve directly at
NOTE: TO PRINT THIS PAGE, USE "Print Page" AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN