Brief history

Entrada da Embaixada de Portugal
Entrance of the Embassy of Portugal
Created in 1993, the Portuguese Cultural Center has always been located on the premises of the Embassy of Portugal. It was once in the two annexes of the Chancery but In 2004, due to the renovation, it moved to its nowadays classroom / library / resources center on the ground floor of the Chancery.
The land where the Embassy of Portugal is situated (witch is considered the oldest diplomatic site in Thailand) was offered by His Majesty King Rama II, in 1820, to Portugal, for the establishment of a Portuguese trading post and residence of
the first consul, Carlos Manuel da Silveira.
With its main objective to promote the Portuguese language and culture in Thailand, the CCP-IC focus on the collaboration and organization cultural events in different areas.