Information for Landowners

The Bureau of Reclamation is requesting permission to access private property located within the Pojoaque Basin Regional Water System (RWS) project boundaries for the purpose of performing surveys for engineering and natural and cultural resources data collection.  For detailed information on these surveys, please visit Survey Activities. Reclamation is currently in the planning design phase for possible future construction of the Pojoaque Basin RWS pursuant to Public Law 111-291 (Claims Resolution Act of 2010, Title VI).  Granting access will allow Reclamation to move forward with the design data collection process.

If your property is within the RWS project boundaries, Reclamation respectfully requests permission to enter upon your property for the purpose of performing surveys beginning from the date you sign the access form through December 31, 2017. It is possible that none, some, or all of these types of surveys may need to be performed at your property; however, the survey visits will be brief, infrequent, and will only involve non-ground disturbing survey activities.  If any ground disturbing activities are required, Reclamation will contact you directly and obtain your permission under a separate permit.

Representatives from Reclamation and government contractors may enter on your property, only with your permission, to perform surveys.  The representatives will carry appropriate identification and will show you that identification on request. You will be contacted prior to anyone entering your property to perform this work, if you should desire such contact.

You will not be held liable for the cost of this work or for possible injuries to Federal employees or government contractors while they are on your property.  Every precaution will be taken, and insofar as it may do so, under existing law, Reclamation and/or its agents shall hold you harmless from any damage or injury that said person incurs.  Reclamation and/or its agents will comply with all applicable government laws and regulations.  Every precaution will be taken to prevent damage to persons, livestock, and property.  Reclamation and/or its agents will be responsible for any loss or damage sustained to you or your property resulting from its activities while on the premises.  If, at any time, you find that you have sustained damage, please write to Bureau of Reclamation, Albuquerque Area Office, Attn: ALB-841, 555 Broadway Blvd. NE, Suite 100, Albuquerque, NM, 87102.

You may give your permission for Reclamation and its government contractors to enter your property for the purposes stated above by signing and returning the access form.  You can scan your signed form and email it to or mail a paper copy to Bureau of Reclamation, Albuquerque Area Office, Attn: ALB-841, 555 Broadway Blvd. NE, Suite 100, Albuquerque, NM, 87102. Again, representatives from Reclamation and government contractors will NOT enter your property without the express permission of the property owner. 

If you have any questions regarding the access form, please call Ms. Michele Gallagher, Realty Specialist, at 505-462-3652 or email  The success of this project depends on the cooperation and support of landowners like you. Thank you for your consideration.