You are welcome to bring your dogs to Paxton Pits, but please remember that this is a nature reserve and that others visit the Pits for a quiet walk or to birdwatch.
You are therefore requested to:
- Keep to the waymarked paths
- Keep your dogs under close control or on a lead, especially during the birds’ breeding season (May-July)
- Keep your dogs out of the water, and off the ice during the winter - it is dangerous
- Be aware that the water in the lakes and ditches may contain toxic algae
- Clear up after your dog - bins are provided, and plastic bags are available from the Visitors' Centre
We hope you would agree that it’s in dog-walkers’ interests to follow these rules; otherwise, some other users of the Pits will doubtless demand tougher restrictions on dogs.