Carrier Info is an application which can be used to determine the carrier information of the phone number i.e. the service provider information.
Why do we use this app?
Most of us have limited day time minutes and usually we would like to avoid answering calls or make calls which would cost us minutes i.e. the ones which don't belong to same carrier provider. Thus one could use Carrier Info application to determine the service provider of any US phone number and then determine whether to make a call or not. The app also provides an ability to provide the information whenever you recieve a call or about to make a call (one needs to enable this in the settings) so that you can save your valuable minutes. As information may not be correct always hence it is good to make a reject decision based on the information provided.
- The information provided may not be correct always or available.
The application maintains a cache (check settings) to store the information so that next time when a lookup is performed for old numbers it need not connect to the network.It only works for US phone numbers.MENU SCREEN:
- The app currently doesn't give correct information for the phone numbers which have been ported to/from different service providers. The app would only provide the original service provider information for now.
- If there is not network connection available then the app won't be able to provide any information for new phone numbers.
Individual Number Screen:
You can use this screen to query for a individual phone number.
Over here you can set various setting for the application.
- Intercept Incoming call: If enabled, then carrier information is provided for every incoming call to help you determine if the call costs you any minutes.
- Intercept Outgoing calls: If enabled, then carrier information is provided for every outgoing call to help you determine if the call costs you any minutes.
- Current number of records: Number of records stored in the Database.
- Current maximum records: Total number of records you would like to store in the Database. If the number of records crosses this number, then nothing is stored in the cache and hence a network connection has to be performed for repeated numbers.
- Maximum records: You can set the maximum number of records you would to store i.e. this would have all the unique phone number you have dailed. The default value is 2000 but you can set it to any number.
- Clear database: This would clear the cache.
Enable both interception of incoming and outgoing calls and set the Maximum count to 2000.
- Try to make reject decision (i.e. not to answer or make a call) based on the information provided by the App.
- If network connection is bad or down, disable the interception of incoming and outgoing calls.
- INTERNET: This permission is required to make network connections to determine the service provider information.
- PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS: This permission is required to intercept the outgoing calls.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: This permission is required to intercept the incoming calls.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: This permission is required to determine if network connection is available or not.
please email any support issues or questions to
- apatti dot android dot dev at gmail.com
- pankaj dot sharma28 at gmail dot com
- gsn dot android at gmail dot com
- ranjithvaddella at gmail dot com
- sharat04 at gmail dot com
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED MAY NOT BE CORRECT AND AUTHORS DON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY.
To download the app please search for Carrier Info in the android market or use the following QR code.