Hi! My name is Patricio Gallardo.
Currently, I am a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Mathematics at Washington University in St Louis. My mathematical interests include algebraic geometry and singularity theory; my favorite writer is J. L. Borges; and hobby includes dancing salsa and bachata. You write me to pgallardocandela at wustl.edu.
I received my Ph.D. in Mathematics from Stony Brook University in 2014, under the direction of Radu Laza.
- Moduli of cubic surfaces and their anticanonical divisors (with J. Martinez-Garcia)
- Modular interpretation of a non-reductive Chow quotient (with N. Giansiracusa). Proceedings of the Edinburgh Mathematical Society.
- Wonderful compactifications of the moduli space of points (joint with E. Routis). European Journal of Mathematics, 3(3), 520-564.
- VGIT for pairs, a computational approach (with J. Martinez-Garcia). Proceeding of the AMS.
- Families of elliptic curves in Projective space and Bridgeland Stability (with C. Lozano-Huerta, and B. Schmidt) Michigan Mathematical Journal.
- On the GIT quotient of quintic surfaces. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society (to appear)
- A slice of the moduli space of lines arrangements (joint with K. Ascher) Algebra and Number theory (to appear)
- Compactifications of the moduli space of plane quartics and two lines (with Z. Zhang and J. Martinez-Garcia) European Journal of Mathematics, 2018, Volume 4, Issue 3.
- Towards inductive structures of the basic reproduction number for compartmentalized models with J. Aguilar, P. Gallardo, J. Gutierrez. (Manuscript available upon request).
- On the neighborliness of thin-sincere representations of quivers (with D. Mckenzie) (Manuscript available upon request.)
- Moduli space of log K-stable cubic log pairs (with J. Martinez-Garcia and C. Spotti)
- Moduli of plane curves via GIT, K-Stability and the MMP (with K. Ascher, K Devleming, and Y. Liu)
- Moduli space of points in the projective plane (with B. Schmidt)