Dr. Patrice CaireUniversity of Luxembourg- SnT
Social Robotics Lab (Automation Research Group)
Selected News About with Dr. Caire And Her Projects:
- RTL National Radio live on Prime Time News Roundtable: Interview of Dr. Caire: The National Robot team looks for Sponsors, 15/3/2017.
- RTL National TV: Live on stage: interview and demo with Dr. Caire and her LU team for the Live Planet People show, 14/3/2017.
- RTL National Radio: Live Evening News interview of Dr. Caire: "Luxembourg United - Our National robots soccer team, 11/1/2017.
- "Contributing to Luxembourg's international influence Paperjam" (Paperjam, Oct. 2016);
- Launch of the Luxembourg United website, Facebook page and Twitter, Sept. 2016.
- 1st price winner and Favorite Project Award of
Banque de Luxembourg for our Luxembourg United robot football team at
the Mind & Market Innovation Forum organized by
Deloitte/FNR/Luxinnovation (See details and articles), and follow up article in Paperjam. Jan. 30, 2016.
- "Niloo, the robot who can save lives", Luxemburger Wort: Front Page and Economy Section [p10-11], Feb. 16, 2016.
- "Julie et Patrice en couverture" PaperJam, Cover story of City Magazine "Julie's, Robotic Interaction", CoRobots@MUDAM (Luxemburger Wort video), The making of CoRobots@MUDAM (SnT Flagship video and article),
- "Un Copain en Cas de Pepin - Une maison connectee pour sauver des vies" [Luxemburger Wort article], "Meet Niloo - the future of home help" The Wort video [Watch the video], the SnT video on YouTube, and more [here].
- Selected for FNR-VdL Women in Sciences and Engineering (WiSE) exhibition, inauguration 20/01/2017
- Lead to the qualification of Luxembourg United robot soccer team to the German Open and the prestigious World Cup RoboCup 2017 in Japan, Dec.2016.
- 1st prize winner and Favorite Project Award of
Banque de Luxembourg for our Luxembourg United football team at the
Mind & Market Innovation Forum competition organized by Deloitte/FNR/Luxinnovation (See details and articles), June 30, 2016.
- FNR Award for Outstanding Promotion of Science to the Public 2013 [Announcement], [watch the demo]
- Best Research Paper Award at the 21st IEEE International Requirements Engineering (RE) Conference, Rio de Janeiro 2013 [Press Announcement]
- Best Research Paper Award at the International Conference on Agreement Technologies, Beijing 2013
More detailed CV [pdf]Portrait of Patrice Caire by Sciences.lu [watch the video]
Research Associate at the University of Luxembourg Interdisciplinary Center for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT), in the Automation Research Group (ARG) of Prof. Voos. Launched the Social Robotics Lab, which she currently leads.
- Initiated and launched the first Luxembourgish robot soccer team "Luxembourg United" to compete in international competitions and qualify for RobCup world robot soccer competition in the SPL (NAO) league.
- Project Initiator and Lead on the CoRobots@MUDAM project supported by Ville de Luxembourg, and on the CoRobotsForVdL for the two largest National museums of the City of Luxembourg.
- Previously, associated to the Security, Design and Validation Research Group (SERVAL) of prof. LeTraon: Project Initiator and Lead of the CoPAInS project (Conviviality and Privacy in Ambient Intelligence Systems); Vice-PI (Principal Investigator) and project Lead on the POST Luxembourg Smart Home project SERCOM.
Research Fellow in Prof. Patrick Heymans' group at the PReCISE research centre, Computer Science department, University of Namur (FUNDP), Belgium.
PhD in computer science, graduated with grade “Outstanding” under Prof. van der Torre, Luxembourg University, ICR group.
- 3-year project with the city of Luxembourg on the topic of conviviality in artificial social systems based on a actual use cases provided by the city of Luxembourg.
Stanford Research Institute (SRI) Menlo Park, California, Virtual Reality Lab: Initiated and lead
the Cyberhead VR project.
Previously: Human Computer interaction research and application at San Francisco Internet company Scient, and Netscape/AOL-Time
Warner in Mountain View, California.
Master of Science in Computer Science from New York University under Prof. Dr. Jack Schwartz. Research Assistant at NYU Media Lab. Special Interest Topic: "Non-verbal Communication over the Internet".
MFA, AKA, Vienna, BFA, ENSAAMA, Paris. Examples of P. Caire work with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and installations: Crash! Art Implants Reject Emotions (CAIRE), and Compressed Adventures Inhibiting Robotic Emotions (C.A.I.R.E. 93).