Dr. Patrice CaireUniversity of Luxembourg
Interdisciplinary Center for Security and Trust (SnT)
Latest selected news: PaperJam (Julie et Patrice en couverture), Cover story of City Magazine (Julie's, Robotic Interaction), ITnation.lu (Des Robots dans l'equipe du MUDAM), CoRobots@MUDAM (Luxemburger Wort video), The making of CoRobots@MUDAM (video and PR by University-SnT), Journal Le Monde Sept. 3 "Quand l'art et la science se melent et s'emmelent" (front page et page 16) et Le Monde Sept 2: "Art de Laboratoire"
- "Un Copain en Cas de Pepin - Une maison connectee pour sauver des vies" [article], "
-"Meet Niloo - the future of home help" [Watch the video], and on YouTube.
- FNR Award for Outstanding Promotion of Science to the Public 2013 [Announcement], [watch the demo]
- Best Research Paper Award at the 21st IEEE International Requirements Engineering (RE) Conference, Rio de Janeiro 2013 [Press Announcement]
- Best Research Paper Award at the International Conference on Agreement Technologies, Beijing 2013
More detailed CV [pdf]Portrait of Patrice Caire by Sciences.lu [watch the video]
Research Associate at the University of Luxembourg Interdisciplinary Center for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT), in the Automation Research Group of Prof. Voos. Project lead on the MUDAM-VdL project (Robotic museum tour guide) and previously in the Security Design and Validation Research Group – SERVAL of prof. LeTraon: leader of the CoPAInS project (Conviviality and Privacy in Ambient Intelligence Systems) and Vice-PI (Principal Investigator) and project lead on the POST Luxembourg Smart Home project SERCOM.
Research Fellow in Prof. Patrick Heymans' group at the PReCISE research centre, Computer Science department, University of Namur (FUNDP), Belgium.
PhD in computer science, graduated with grade “Outstanding” under Prof. van der Torre, Luxembourg University, ICR group.
- 3-year project with the city of Luxembourg on the topic of conviviality in artificial social systems based on a actual use cases provided by the city of Luxembourg.
Stanford Research Institute - SRI, California, Virtual Reality Lab: Initiated and lead
the Cyberhead VR project.
Information Architect at Scient (San Francisco) and Human Computer interaction research at Netscape / AOL-Time
Warner (Mountain View, California).
Master of Science in Computer Science from New York University under Prof. Dr. Jack Schwartz. Research Assistant at NYU Media Lab. Special Interest Topic: "Non-verbal Communication over the Internet".
MFA, AKA, Vienna, BFA, ENSAAMA, Paris. Examples of P. Caire work with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and installations: Crash! Art Implants Reject Emotions (CAIRE), and Compressed Adventures Inhibiting Robotic Emotions (C.A.I.R.E. 93).