This spell channels a portion of the next spell you cast into magic that heals you. The next instantaneous area damage spell you cast deals only 75% of its damage, but you heal hit points equal to the remaining 25% of the spell’s damage. For example, if you cast this spell and followed it with a fireball that would normally deal 40 hit points of damage, the fireball instead deals 30 hit points of damage and you heal 10 hit points. The spell affected by this spell must be cast before the end of the next round. This spell has no effect on spells that do not deal damage or spells higher than 3rd level. This healing is treated as if you had been affected by a cure or inflict spell (whichever would heal you), and is treated as the same spell level as the area-affecting spell for the purpose of effects that relate to the spell level of cure or inflict spells.