U-Con is a large southeastern Michigan gaming convention held every year since 1988. Up until this year it had been held at the Student Union of the University of Michigan in downtown Ann Arbor Michigan. It attracts gamers not only from Southeast Michigan, but from across the United states and several other countries as well. U-Con offers a wide variety of role-playing events, board and war games, Live Action RPG's and collectable card game tournaments and events. It is one of the largest gaming conventions in Michigan.
Due to rising hotel rates, increasing administrative and parking hassles, and worst of all, conflicting schedules with major Michigan home football games taking over the town at the same time, this year marks the first year it is being held elsewhere. However, the new location is a marked improvement. If you are in the region the new amenities may be more to your liking than in previous years.
The new location is the Metropolitan Hotel, in Romulus near Detroit Metro Airport (31500 Wick Rd., Romulus, MI, 48174).
Improvements over previous years:
- FREE PARKING. Parking won't cost anything, and you don't have to worry about tickets! This has been the most common complaint about the Student Union in Ann Arbor.
- Reduced price weekend pass: The price of a weekend pass is reduced $5 from last year (see Weekend Passes below for prices.)
- All events on one floor, with convenient access to exits for wheeling in carts of minis or dealer merchandise.
- The Convention is in a hotel, so we'll be able to offer rooms on site at a discounted rate of $65/night (a limited number of larger suites are also available; email us for info).
- 24-hour gaming space. Come and play all night!
- Free WiFi access in convention area AND in hotel rooms.
- Free continental breakfast for hotel guests.
- Free airport shuttle to and from the hotel.
- Rooms are only $65/night and include: indoor/outdoor heated pool, whirlpool & sauna, 24 hr. fitness center, on-site movie theater, game room and more.
Can You Run Something?
They need all the RPG events they can get. They'd like to make this the biggest year ever and you can get your weekend pass for free if you run at least one event. Read the GM information and then if you're ready to go, read about submitting an event.
Want to Play Pathfinder Society Events?
Pathfinder Society Venture Captain for the Detroit Lodge Doug Miles has started this thread on the Paizo boards. Check that out!
- Friday November 11th from 10am to 12am
- Saturday November 12th from 9am to 12am
- Sunday November 13th from 9am to 7pm
- Preregister by Oct 28: $20
- At-the-door: $25
- Students & Military: $20
- Day passes are available
Go to the U-Con website for complete details.
Google Map to Hotel