Primary Class: Bard
Secondary Class: Monk
Hit Dice: d8
Bonus Skills and Ranks: The ascetic entertainer adds Swim from the monk class skills to his class skills in addition to the normal bard class skills. The ascetic entertainer gains a number of ranks at each level equal to 6 + Int modifier.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The ascetic entertainer is proficient with all simple weapons, plus the longsword, rapier, sap, short sword, shortbow, and whip. The ascetic entertainer is also proficient with light armor, but not with shields. The ascetic entertainer can cast bard spells while wearing light armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance. Like any other arcane spellcaster, an ascetic entertainer wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield incurs a chance of arcane spell failure if the spell in question has a somatic component. A multiclass ascetic entertainer still incurs the normal arcane spell failure chance for arcane spells received from other classes.
Diminished Spellcasting: The ascetic entertainer casts arcane spells drawn from the bard spell list, and both gains and knows one fewer spell of each spell level. If this reduces the number to 0 (minimum 1 for spells known), he may cast spells of that level only if his Charisma allows bonus spells of that level. He otherwise casts spells as a bard of equal level.
Unarmed Strike: At 1st level, an ascetic entertainer gains Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. This ability is identical to that of a monk, but with the damage progression of a monk of his level - 2, as shown in the Ascetic Entertainer table below. This replaces bardic knowledge and lost spells due to diminished spellcasting.
Flurry of Blows (Ex): Starting at 2nd level, an ascetic entertainer can make a flurry of blows as a full-attack action. When doing so he may make one additional attack using any combination of unarmed strikes (but cannot use special monk weapons) as if using the Two-Weapon Fighting feat (even if he does not meet the prerequisites for the feat). For the purpose of these attacks, his base attack bonus is equal to his ascetic entertainer level. For all other purposes, such as qualifying for a feat or a prestige class, the ascetic entertainer uses his normal base attack bonus.
At 10th level, the ascetic entertainer can make two additional attacks when he uses flurry of blows, as if using Improved Two-Weapon Fighting (even if he does not meet the prerequisites for the feat).
At 17th level, the ascetic entertainer can make three additional attacks using flurry of blows, as if using Greater Two-Weapon Fighting (even if he does not meet the prerequisites for the feat).
An ascetic entertainer applies his full Strength bonus to his damage rolls for all successful attacks made with flurry of blows, whether the attacks are made with an off-hand or with a weapon wielded in both hands. An ascetic entertainer may substitute disarm, sunder, and trip combat maneuvers for unarmed attacks as part of a flurry of blows. An ascetic entertainer cannot use any weapon other than an unarmed strike as part of a flurry of blows. An ascetic entertainer with natural weapons cannot use such weapons as part of a flurry of blows unless he has the Feral Combat Training feat, nor can he make natural attacks in addition to his flurry of blows attacks. This ability replaces versatile performance, well-versed, suggestion, dirge of doom, frightening tune, and mass suggestion.
Stylish Performance (Ex): At 5th level, an ascetic entertainer may choose one combat style from the following list, and gains the listed benefits. The ascetic entertainer must qualify for the initial style feat to choose the related combat style.
When beginning a bardic performance, he may choose to use a combat style as a free action instead. This ability does not allow more than one combat style to be used at the same time. The ascetic entertainer is treated as a monk of his ascetic entertainer level for any related effects of this ability, and for the purposes of qualifying for any style feats.
If the ascetic entertainer has already qualified for a particular style or related style feat, he may instead choose any other style feat for which he qualifies. At 11th level, and again at 17th level, the ascetic entertainer may choose another combat style shown below and gain its benefit, or choose any style feat for which he qualifies as a bonus feat. This ability replaces lore master and jack of all trades.
- Boar Style: The ascetic entertainer gains Boar Style as a bonus feat. Whenever the ascetic entertainer hits with an unarmed strike while using both bardic performance and the boar stance, he gains a +2 circumstance bonus to attack rolls with any subsequent unarmed strikes until the start of his next turn.
- Crane Style: The ascetic entertainer gains both Dodge and Crane Style as bonus feats. As a free action while using both bardic performance and the crane stance, the ascetic entertainer can grant one adjacent ally a +1 dodge bonus to their AC. This bonus lasts until the beginning of his next turn.
- Dragon Style: The ascetic entertainer gains Dragon Style as a bonus feat. While using both bardic performance and the dragon stance, the ascetic entertainer may ignore up to ten feet of difficult terrain on each of his turns, not just when charging, running, or withdrawing.
- Earth Child Style: The ascetic entertainer gains Earth Child Style as a bonus feat. In addition, while using both bardic performance and the earth child stance, he may add his Wisdom bonus to his unarmed strike damage rolls against any creature at least two size categories larger than himself. Against enemies of the giant subtype, this damage bonus increases by +2.
- Janni Style: The ascetic entertainer gains Janni Style as a bonus feat. The ascetic entertainer takes no penalty to AC for charging while using both bardic performance and the janni stance.
- Kirin Style: The ascetic entertainer gains Kirin Style as a bonus feat. When attacking a creature he has successfully identified using Kirin Style and using both bardic performance and the kirin stance, the ascetic entertainer gains a +1 circumstance bonus on attack rolls.
- Mantis Style: The ascetic entertainer gains Mantis Style as a bonus feat. While using both bardic performance and the mantis stance, the ascetic entertainer may use Stunning Fist in conjunction with an attack of opportunity, even if he has already used Stunning Fist on his most recent turn. This counts against his daily uses of Stunning Fist as normal.
- Monkey Style: The ascetic entertainer gains Monkey Style as a bonus feat. Whenever the ascetic entertainer succeeds at standing up from prone as a swift action when using both bardic performance and the monkey stance, he may make one attack against an adjacent opponent using his highest base attack bonus as a free action.
- Panther Style: The ascetic entertainer gains Panther Style as a bonus feat. In addition, while the ascetic entertainer is using both bardic performance and the panther stance, he gains a +2 circumstance bonus on attack and damage rolls whenever he makes a retaliatory attack granted by Panther Style.
- Snake Style: The ascetic entertainer gains Snake Style as a bonus feat. He adds his Charisma bonus to Sense Motive skill checks (in addition to his Wisdom modifier) while using both bardic performance and the snake stance.
- Snapping Turtle Style: The ascetic entertainer gains Snapping Turtle Style as a bonus feat. While he is using both bardic performance and the snapping turtle stance, the ascetic entertainer's shield bonus to AC granted from this stance is increased by 1 for every snapping turtle feat he has.
- Tiger Style: The ascetic entertainer gains Tiger Style as a bonus feat. While using both bardic performance and the tiger stance, his unarmed strike gains the benefit of Improved Critical (critical range 19-20/x2).
Perfect Performer (Su): At 20th level, an ascetic entertainer gains an inhuman level of grace that borders on the divine. He gains a enhancement bonus of +2 to his Dexterity and Charisma. This ability replaces deadly performance.
|Class Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Ref Save||Will Save||Special||Flurry of Blows||Unarmed Damage||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th|
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+2||Bardic performance, cantrips, countersong, diminished spellcasting, distraction, inspire courage +1||-||1d4||0||-||-||-||-||-|
|2nd||+1||+0||+3||+3||Flurry of blows||+0/+0||1d4||1||-||-||-||-||-|
|3rd||+2||+1||+3||+3||Inspire competence +2||+1/+1||1d6||2||-||-||-||-||-|
|5th||+3||+1||+4||+4||Inspire courage +2, stylish performance||+3/+3||1d6||3||1||-||-||-||-|
|7th||+5||+2||+5||+5||Inspire competence +3||+5/+5/+0||1d8||3||2||0||-||-||-|
|11th||+8/+3||+3||+7||+7||Inspire competence +4, inspire courage +3, stylish performance||+9/+9/+4/+4/-1||1d10||4||3||3||1||-||-|
|15th||+11/+6/+1||+5||+9||+9||Inspire confidence +5, Inspire heroics||+13/+13/+8/+8/+3||2d6||4||4||4||3||2||-|
|17th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+10||+10||Inspire courage +4, stylish performance||+15/+15/+10/+10/+5/+0||2d6||4||4||4||3||2||1|
|19th||+14/+9/+4||+6||+11||+11||Inspire competence +6||+17/+17/+12/+12/+7/+7/+2||2d8||4||4||4||4||4||3|