N Large monstrous humanoid
Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft., scent; Perception +10
AC 17, touch 9, flat-footed 17 (+8 natural, -1 size)
hp 52 (5d10+20 plus 5)
Fort +5; Ref +4; Will +5
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +10 (1d6+5 plus disease)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks rend (2 claws, 1d6+7)
Str 20, Dex 11, Con 18, Int 5, Wis 12, Cha 9
Base Atk +5; CMB +11; CMD 21
Feats Intimidating Prowess, Skill Focus (Perception), Weapon Focus (claw)
Skills Intimidate +9, Perception +10, Survival +5; Racial Modifiers +4 Survival
Filth fever: Claw—injury; save Fortitude DC 16; onset 1d3 days; frequency 1/day; effect 1d3 Dex and 1d3 Con damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Bog Beast Characters
Bog beasts have racial Hit Dice and can have class levels. Bog beasts possess the following racial traits.
- +10 Strength, +8 Constitution, -6 Intelligence (minimum 3) +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Bog beasts are brutish and tough, but lack intelligence or sophistication.
- Large Size: Bog beasts are large and have the following adjustments –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Stealth checks, +1 bonus on CMB/CMD, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
- Base Speed: A bog beast’s base speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Bog beasts can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: A bog beast begins with five levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 5d20 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +5, and base saves of Fort +1, Ref +4, and Will +4.
- Racial Skilled: A bog beast’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 5 x (4 + Int modifier, minimum 1). A bog beast gains a +4 racial bonus to Survival.
- Racial Feats: A bog beast’s monstrous humanoid levels give it three feats.
- AC: Bog beasts have +5 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Bog beasts fight with 2 claws (1d6).
- Special Attacks: Disease (see above), rend (2 claws, 1d6+1-1/2 times Str modifier).
- Special Qualities: Scent.
- Languages: Bog beasts begin play speak Bog Beast. Bog beasts with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following bonus languages: Common, Giant, Orc, Goblin.