CE Large magical beast (psionic)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 120 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +11
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 natural, -1 size)
hp 42 (5d10+15)
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2
Defensive Abilities power resistance 15
Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +8 (1d8+4), 2 claws +8 (1d6+4), or club +8 (1d8+4), bite +3 (1d8+2)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Psi-like Abilities (ML 4th)
3/day--mental barrier, mindthrust (4d10, DC 12*), defensive precognition (+2 insight bonus*)
*Includes augmentation for the reigon's manifester level.
Reigons attack from ambush, using their chameleon psi-like ability to hide and wait for their targets to wander close by. Once in range, a reigon leaps to the attack, slashing and biting with its claws (though occasionally, a reigon employs a club). If an opponent isn’t killed immediately it is assaulted in the following rounds by a barrage of psi-like abilities, most notably a reigon’s mind thrust or concussion blast.
Slain prey is dragged or carried back to the reigon's lair and either stored for later consumption or distributed among the other reigon's in the lair.
Str 19, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +5; CMB +10; CMD 23
Feats Alertness, Dodge, Power Attack
Skills Climb +12, Perception +11, Stealth +6
When many creatures from the Tome of Horrors Complete were originally created they had psionic powers. However, Paizo has (as yet) not released any psionic rules. Instead, Dreamscarred Press has released the excellent "Psionics Unleashed" an update of the 3.5 generation of psionic rules. Where possible we have linked to the Dreamscarred Press version of a psionic power or feat. In some cases these were not found or not available so no link is provided.
Reigon leaders are usually psychic warriors or fighters. Reigon characters possess the following racial traits.
- +8 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +6 Constitution, +2 Wisdom: Reigon are strong, brutal, fast and fearless.
- Large: Reigon are Large creatures and take -1 penalty to their AC, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Stealth checks, +1 size bonus CMB and CMD, and their lifting and carrying limits are double those of Medium characters. Space/Reach 10 ft./10 ft.
- Climb: 30 ft.
- Darkvision: Reigon can see in the dark up 120 feet.
- Lowlight Vision: Reigon can see twice as far as humans in dim lighting. Scent
- Tough Hide: A reigon's thick fur and skin give it a +4 natural armor bonus.
- Hit Dice: A reigon begins with 5 levels of magical beast which provide 5d10 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +5, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +4, Ref +4, and Will +1. Power Resistance 15
- Natural Weapons: Claw (1d6), bite (1d8).
- Skills: A reigon's magical beast levels give it skill points equal to 2 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1).
- Feats: A reigon's magical beast levels give it two feats.
- Psi-like abilities: At will—chameleon; 3/day—mental barrier, mindthrust, defensive precognition; 1/day—concussion blast
- Languages: A reigon begins play speaking Reigon. Reigon with high Intelligence scores can choose any of these bonus languages: Common, Sylvan, Goblin, Terran.