NE Large humanoid (giant)
Init –1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +9
AC 19, touch 8, flat-footed 19 (+4 armor, –1 Dex, +7 natural, –1 size)
hp 60 (8d8+24)
Fort +9; Ref +1; Will +4
Speed 20 ft.
Melee Huge greatclub +12/+7 (4d6+9)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Attacks deformities, oversized weapon fighting
Str 23, Dex 8, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10
Base Atk +6; CMB +13; CMD 22
Feats Cleave, Power Attack, Vital Strike, Weapon Focus (greatclub)
Skills Intimidate +11, Perception +9, Survival +9; Racial Modifiers –2 penalty to Charisma-based skills per deformity, except +2 bonus to Intimidate checks per deformity
Languages Common, Giant
SQ deformities, slow and steady
Aberrants possess an assortment of terrible deformities unique to each individual creature. When determining the deformities of a typical aberrant, roll randomly or choose 1d4–1 deformities from the Aberrant Deformities table. If two deformities are contradictory, reroll or select another. Racial bonuses gained from different deformities are cumulative.
For each deformity an aberrant possesses, it gains a –2 racial penalty on Charisma-based checks with non-aberrants except for Intimidate checks, where it instead gains a +2 racial bonus.
Table: Random Deformities
||+4 bonus to natural armor
||May make one additional attack per round
||+4 racial bonus on Perception checks
||Unusually located eyes
||Gains all-around vision
||+4 racial bonus to avoid being tripped, bull rushed, or overrun
|| Strangely deformed head
||Can’t wear helmets or headgear unless magical or specifically designed for their head shape
||+4 racial bonus on Perception checks to hear noise
||Gains the scent ability
||Huge feet or short legs
||Gains the trample ability (1d8+9, DC 20)
|| Elongated nails or claws
||Gains a claw attack with each arm, base 1d8 damage
||Fangs or large mouth
||Gains a bite attack, base 2d4 damage
||Gains a tail slap secondary attack, base 2d6 damage
|| One or more pointed horns
||Gains a gore primary attack, base 1d10 damage
|| Large curled horns
||Can make a slam attack on a charge with its horns as a primary attack that does 2d6 base damage; if it hits, the aberrant can initiate a bull rush as a free action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity
||Long, gangly arms
||+5 ft. reach with attacks using its arms
||Long, muscular legs
||+10 ft. to base land speed
||Can breathe underwater; gains swim speed equal to base land speed
||Exudes foul odor
||Gains stench ability (DC 17, 10 rounds); other aberrants are immune to this effect
||One or more of the aberrant’s natural attacks are poisonous; this could be poisonous claws, a tail sting, venomous fangs, or the like.
Poison—injury; save Fort DC 17, frequency 1/round for 6 rounds, effect 1d4 to one physical ability score or 1d3 to one mental ability score, cure 2 consecutive saves.
|| Advanced deformity
||One of the aberrant’s other deformities is especially pronounced, gaining one of the following: an increase in base damage by one die type; Ability Focus as a bonus feat on the DC of the ability; or double the usual bonus the deformity provides
Oversized Weapon Fighting (Ex)
The twisted bodies of aberrants allow them to wield weapons designed for Huge-sized creatures without penalty, as if they were Large-sized weapons.
Slow and Steady (Ex)
Aberrants have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
Aberrant leaders are barbarians or adepts. Most groups of aberrants include clerics with access to any two of the following domains: Chaos, Evil, Trickery, and War (most choose Chaos and Trickery).
- +12 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +6 Constitution, +4 Wisdom: Aberrants are powerful and hardy, and unusually canny creatures.
- Large Size: –1 penalty to AC, –1 penalty to attack rolls, –4 penalty on Stealth checks, +1 bonus on CMB and CMD, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium creatures.
- Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
- Darkvision: Aberrants can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Aberrants can see twice as far as humans in dimly lit conditions.
- Racial Hit Dice: An aberrant begins with eight levels of humanoid, which provide 8d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +6, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +6, Ref +2, and Will +2.
- Racial Skilled: An aberrant’s humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 8 x (2 + Int modifier).
- Racial Feats: An aberrant’s humanoid levels give it four feats.
- AC: +7 natural armor bonus.
- Special Attacks: Oversized weapon fighting, deformities.
- Special Qualities: Deformities, slow and steady.
- Weapon Familiarity: Aberrants are proficient with simple and martial weapons.
- Armor Familiarity: Aberrants are proficient with light and medium armor and with shields (except tower shields).
- Languages: Aberrants begin play speaking Giant and Common. Aberrants with high intelligence can choose from among the following bonus languages: Aklo, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Undercommon.