CN Medium fey
Init +3; Senses low-light vision; Perception +5
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+2 armor, +3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 33 (6d6 + 12)
Fort +4; Ref +8; Will +6
DR 5/cold iron
Speed 30 ft.
Melee needle +6 (1d6+1 plus poison)
Special Attacks enchanted cloth
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 7th; concentration +11)
Str 13, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 19
Base Atk +3; CMB +4 (+8 grapple); CMD 17
Feats Deceitful, Improved Initiative, Weapon Finesse
Skill Acrobatics +7, Appraise +9, Bluff +13, Craft (clothing) +13, Disguise +13, Perception +5, Profession (tailor) +10, Sense Motive +5, Stealth +9; Racial Modifiers +4 Craft (clothing)
Languages Common, Sylvan
SQ fashion conscious
Enchanted Cloth (Ex)
If a spindler begins his turn with an opponent of his size category or smaller grappled, he can force his victim to wear one of his creations. The clothing has no effect on the wearer; rather, it causes others to experience an effect as a result of seeing the character. Regardless of whether the viewer makes her save, she is unaffected by the same piece of clothing for 24 hours. Once per day, the wearer can attempt to make a Will save (DC 18) to remove the article, which renders its magic inert (unless someone was foolish enough to voluntarily wear it again).
Typical effects (along with associated color/pattern and save DCs) of the clothing are as follows:
- Confusion (clashing colors with no discernible pattern, DC 18),
- Crushing despair (a color that seems darker than black, DC 18),
- Hideous laughter (frolicking kittens on a field of blue, DC 16),
- Rage (provocative slogan with a red background, DC 17),
- Scare (normal scene which suddenly transforms into something terrifying on a black background, DC 16),
- Touch of idiocy (plain white background with block-lettered text of a bad pun or unfunny joke, DC 16).
All save DCs are Charisma-based.
Fashion Conscious (Ex)
Appraise, Craft (clothing), and Profession (tailor) are always class skills for a spindler.
Needle—injury; save Fort DC 15; frequency 1/round for 10 rounds; effect sleep for 10 minutes; cure 1 save. The save DC is Constitution-based.