Md Rizwan Parvez
I am a third-year Phd student of computer science at University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) and a member of UCLA NLP group. Before joining UCLA CS, I was a student of computer science at University of Virginia (UVA). Prior to this, I have been working as a lecturer in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) in United International University (UIU). I have received my B.Sc Engg. degree in CSE from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) in Sept, 2015. My Adviser is Professor Kai-Wei Chang. My research interest includes Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning.
Room# Lab 368, Engineering VI, CS, UCLA
- 08, 2019: Our paper on Robust Text Classifier on Test-Time Budgets is accepted by EMNLP-IJCAI, 2019.
- 08, 2019: WeCNLP travel grant, Facebook, Menlo Park, CA. USA, 2019
- 07, 2019: Abstract accepted at the second annual West Coast NLP (WeCNLP) Summit, Facebook, Menlo Park, CA. USA, 2019.
- 06, 2019: Joined Salesforce Research, Palo Alto, CA, USA, [summer internship 2019].
- 12, 2018: Passed the written qualification exam.
- 07, 2018: Will be attending ACL, 2018 at Melbourne, Australia.
- 06, 2018: Started Microsoft AI Research, Redmond, WA, USA, [summer internship 2018].
- 05, 2018: ACL Student Travel Grant, Melbourne, Australia, 2018.
- 04. 2018: Our paper on Building Language Models for Text with Named Entities is accepted by ACL, 2018.
- 03. 2018: Presented poster at SoCal NLP symposium, University of California, Irvine, 2018.
- 12.2017: Our Paper on A Corpus of Drug Usage Guidelines Annotated with Type of Advice is accepted by LREC, 2018.