The Parker Farm CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program was started in 2003 with several objectives in mind: 1) to give people access to locally grown produce in a way that was both economical and convenient and 2) to support small scale farming in Massachusetts.
How it Works
Once a week through the course of the harvest season (20 weeks, usually starting the first week of June), CSA members will receive a selection of what has been harvested that particular week. This selection is dictated by the harvest, meaning it changes weekly.
- Small - 1 to 3 people depending on how many vegetables you use. Each week a share consist of one bunch of about 5 different types of produce.
- Large - 3 to 5 people depending on how many vegetables you use. Large Shares receive double the amount of vegetables as the small.
- Small - $425.00
- Large - $600.00
- Davis Square - Tuesdays from 5:30 to 7pm at 14 St. James Street, Somerville
- Central Square - Wednesday from 5:30 to 7pm in the Parking lot # 4 on the corner of Bishop Allen and Columbia, Cambridge
- Porter Square - Thursday from 5:30 to 7pm at 52 Elm St, Somerville (The driveway is around the corner on Mossland)