The Commission "Women in Science, Technology & Medicine”, Division of History of Science & Technology International Union of History and Philosophy of Science organises an international conference in 2014: Learning from the past to rethink the future, interdisciplinary perspectives on gender & science policies
An interdisciplinary approach with a strong focus on history can provide long term perspectives and deeply renew gender & science policies.
The conference will bring together sociologists, historians, philosophers and practitioners, experienced and young scholars, in order to define an updated theoretical framework for research on gender & science policies:
What is the reference to which we compare and measure present situations?
What are the impacts of the changing science culture on Gender & Science policies?
In addition to the plenary session, discussions, workshops and reflection meetings will facilitate the emergence of new perspectives.
Topics addressed at the conference:
1. Critical perspectives on past and present gender policy experiments
2. Long term analysis, history of gender & science policies
3. Past and present measurements issues
4. Impacts of changing academia and changing science on gender & science policies
5. Engendering sciences: past and present cases
Website of the conference (available soon): www.genderandsciencepolicies2014.eu.