On February 22, 1907 sixteen women from Happy Adventure and Sandy Cove met in the schoolroom in Happy Adventure and formed a branch of the C.E.W.A. The Rev. E. E. Rusted and members of St. Stephen’s Branch, Salvage, were also in attendance
On February 22, 2007 this same branch, now known as Happy Adventure/Sandy Cove ACW met at Holy Cross Church for a service of Holy Eucharist and fellowship to begin a year of centennial celebrations. The Rt. Rev. David Torraville, Bishop of the Central Diocese of Newfoundland was the celebrant and installed the 2007 ACW officers. All members were presented with congratulatory certificates by the rector, the Rev. Paul C. Thoms. Guest Speaker for the evening was Mrs. Sylvia Moss.
In preparation for the centennial many enjoyable hours were spent making a quilt and a banner. The quilt has 120 names of past and present members lovingly embroidered by the present membership. It is on display in Holy Cross Church Hall. The banner, entitled “Circle of Friends”, commemorates 100 years of fellowship. It has been hung in Holy Cross Church.
On June 2, 2007 there will be a service of thanksgiving followed by a formal banquet.